crank rebuild, bullitproof

HPCrazy

Reaction score
Looking to have my crank rebuilt. It is a trygstad crank that is machined lightened and balanced plus welded. Anyone know who can rebuild with aftermarket rods and ceramic bearings plus true and re-weld.

Anyone running ceramic bearings? The lower rod bearing is a common failure, anyone running a ceramic in the lower rod?

adam8781

Reaction score
Linderman is in ALB so its close to you which is nice. Im not so sure you can rebuild a crank that's been welded though. If you cant,, I would order a reman crank from SHR he trues them himself as well, come packed with isoflex ready to drop in, Runout is normally in the .001 range, everything he touches, builds and sells seems to far outlast everything else on the snow

HPCrazy

Reaction score
Talked to Linderman, he sends his stuff to CVTech. Talked to CVTech they can rebuild welded cranks and re-weld they yes spi rods and never installed ceramic bearings before but were willing to. So I guess I have to source the correct bearings then send all together. I hate being down in the middle of the season. CVTech said that 800r crank is there best seller. Feel like I should scrap the sled.

adam8781

Reaction score
Talked to Linderman, he sends his stuff to CVTech. Talked to CVTech they can rebuild welded cranks and re-weld they yes spi rods and never installed ceramic bearings before but were willing to. So I guess I have to source the correct bearings then send all together. I hate being down in the middle of the season. CVTech said that 800r crank is there best seller. Feel like I should scrap the sled.

Can you give us a break down of the cost? And shipping as well? Sucks there doesn't appear tobe any good crank shops on the west coast. And i think trygstad sells ceramic crank bearings for these 800r cranks. I wounder if mongoose in vancouver is any good with these?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cv tech is 650 for crank. If you have a rebuildable core you get another 125 off of that. I think mongoose was around 850 when i called. Just as well to go brp if in a hurry, or if have time, send to Quebec. I personally have had zero issues with cv tech or their products. roughly 35 bucks purolator ground from edm to cvtech. all said and done was under 620 for the last one i got with shipping both ways.

mcp

Reaction score
Send it to Trygstad. My cv tech rebuilt crank lasted 320 km, mag side rod bearing failed and rod punched a hole in the bottom of the case. cv tech fixed the crank and welded the case (big deal). engine builder had to grind down the weld as there was not enough clearance for the rod. Lots of excuses from cv tech, not impressed. Thanks for nothing cv tech.

Top Bottom