CR Nytro purging air out

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to get the coolant circulating through the tunnel coolers……..what am i missing? Is there a bleed screw somewhere? I don't have the radiator on mine, just a coolant bottle with the pressure cap

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to get the coolant circulating through the tunnel coolers……..what am i missing? Is there a bleed screw somewhere? I don't have the radiator on mine, just a coolant bottle with the pressure cap

raise the nose up as high as you can, like a sled deck ramp and pull the cap off(cold)....the air should find a way out

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way I could get mine purged was to lay it on it's right side, then pull the small coolant hose off the water pump on the left side of the engine till coolant showed up, which happened almost right away. It was actually really easy. Took two days worth of fighting with other methods to get to that point though.

Coxy

Reaction score
Easiest way I found was a combo of the above guys methods. I didn't have much luck hanging the nose from the roof even lol. This last time I pulled that waterpump bleed hose off, extended the one nipple with a hose up about a foot, as well as the hose itself. Kept filling it till I got coolant out of one hose. Plugged it, and kept filling/waiting till I got coolant out of the other extension hose. Then quickly hooked the bleed line back up. One or two heat cycles and it was good to go. Hope that makes sense, mine just has a rad cap inline on the hose by the battery, and an overflow bottle in the nose.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Will give it a try....never had this issue with the apex. ...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bleeding the cooling system on a Nytro MTX is relatively simple.
There is a bleed fitting located on the right hand side of the sled. The best way to find it is to fallow the hose that is connected to your front heat exchanger on the right side. The bleeder is kinda hidden on the right side between the motor and sled frame assembly and radiator up top.

Once you found the bleeder, remove the cap and fill the cooling system till its full. Raising the front does help in this preceedure.
Once the system is full apply vacuum by using a length of 1/4" hose either by sucking or using a shop vac. I use a shop vac.....haha
Keep filling the filler till you get a steady flow from your bleeder hose.
Once satisfied, put cap back on and top up, run machine till warm. Retop and your good to go.

The whole precedure shouldn't take more then 15-20min.
Hope that helps, BTW i have the same setup, rad delete and CR extreme running boards with CR U-cooler.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked for that ......couldn't find it. ...thought ,
maybe it was deleted

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found it. Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Bleeding the cooling system on a Nytro MTX is relatively simple.
There is a bleed fitting located on the right hand side of the sled. The best way to find it is to fallow the hose that is connected to your front heat exchanger on the right side. The bleeder is kinda hidden on the right side between the motor and sled frame assembly and radiator up top.

Once you found the bleeder, remove the cap and fill the cooling system till its full. Raising the front does help in this preceedure.
Once the system is full apply vacuum by using a length of 1/4" hose either by sucking or using a shop vac. I use a shop vac.....haha
Keep filling the filler till you get a steady flow from your bleeder hose.
Once satisfied, put cap back on and top up, run machine till warm. Retop and your good to go.

The whole precedure shouldn't take more then 15-20min.
Hope that helps, BTW i have the same setup, rad delete and CR extreme running boards with CR U-cooler.

Top Bottom