Cover for Mobile Trailer or Shed?

drewsss

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am purchasing two snowmobiles but I have no room in my garage for them. They are on an open trailer presently and wondering what the best option for storage in the summer and during the winter when not in use.

Does anyone know of a cover on the snowmobiles on the trailer is a good way or storing or should I get a metal shed to place on my yard to store them? any low cost solutions would be helpful!

Thanks all

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am purchasing two snowmobiles but I have no room in my garage for them. They are on an open trailer presently and wondering what the best option for storage in the summer and during the winter when not in use.

Does anyone know of a cover on the snowmobiles on the trailer is a good way or storing or should I get a metal shed to place on my yard to store them? any low cost solutions would be helpful!

Thanks all
If you store them on the trailer with a “ normal” sled cover I would cover with a tarp as 1 summer in the sun and the cover will look 20 years old. Put something to plug the exhaust and intake from critters getting in .

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Do you have room in the garage for one sled?
If you do, build a dolly (lumber is reasonably price now) and double stack them. So much better under cover than outside.

IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_7281.jpeg

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is harder on a sled than the elements, I understand everyone has to work within their budget but I would do me best to get them into some kind of a covered/enclosed area. In my experience, you will notice the effect of a full season outside under a tarp. Even if the sun can’t get to them. The wind moving the cover and tarp against the machine will show wear, and dust will get underneath and also cause problems. Just my 2 cents. 🍻

Top Bottom