Coutts/Sweetgrass Border Crossing Blocked

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boomers had nothing, haven't you ever noticed Boomers didn't have closet space, hardly any clothes or shoes, or shops and hardly a toy. fact
My mom grew up in a small garage converted to house in Kamloops. Poor as ch!t. Now she has a secure pension at 75 and could care less about others struggles. 🤷‍♂ Seems many Sleepers are selfish for sure.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mom grew up in a small garage converted to house in Kamloops. Poor as ch!t. Now she has a secure pension at 75 and could care less about others struggles. 🤷‍♂ Seems many Sleepers are selfish for sure.
I’m not sure the point you’re trying to make…..you’re saying the boomers are selfish because they won’t hand out the stuff they worked and saved their whole lives for to you so you don’t have to work and save for it like they did?

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure the point you’re trying to make…..you’re saying the boomers are selfish because they won’t hand out the stuff they worked and saved their whole lives for to you so you don’t have to work and save for it like they did?

Now, I need it now generation. Saving is old fashioned. Just wait until the interest happens next boys ;)

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but the people that own a home or have a retirement fund, or a pension aren't the problem. Blaming boomers, or millennials, or any other generation is just a diversion tactic.

How about the fact that successive governments have allowed housing to be turned into investments for large corporations or other investors? Everyone needs a place to live, if they can't afford one to buy they are forced to rent, and they are forced to pay whatever market rates are, and when a single entity has the monopoly on an area it gets even worse.

Housing costs are going to be the single largest detriment to the Canadian economy in coming years, pretty hard to sell sleds or atvs or anything else for that matter if a young family has to spend every spare cent for 25 years paying down an $800,000k mortgage. The frustrating part about this is the GDP grows as a result of increased unaffordability in the housing market, so as Trudeau has been trying to parade around an increase in Canada's GDP to economists, a significant portion of that growth has come solely due to ballooning prices in real estate.

RAW_4CQF_INCOME-vs-HOME-PRICES_CANADA.jpg

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boomers had nothing, haven't you ever noticed Boomers didn't have closet space, hardly any clothes or shoes, or shops and hardly a toy. fact
That’s a load of ch!t …
The generation before the boomers may have had nothing… but my experience is that most boomers have lived through and are benefiting from the greatest time period mankind has ever had.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. They simply don’t care or understand what really happening out CBC and CNN. Almost everyone between 40 and 55 is awake. Most Everyone from 55 and up has their head in the sand. Scared to get sick to let a child go to school. It’s disgusting. It’s especially the case in the city I live in. It definitely gets better in the rural areas

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same with my boomer parents,they grew up with nothing worked their way up only to subvert to everything the CBC says.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time zones fellas...

And as far as the boomers, not sure about your parents but mine started off super poor. My grandfather would buy us toilet paper and cheese as a treat when I was young. My dad worked his ass off to raise 5 kids on a single income and we had a good up bringing. He also lost at of his retirement in the 90s when ch!t crashed and slowly rebuilt it by being smart. Not all boomers have had it easy and yes, they listen to CBC but they are done with everything now. Time to get on with life...as they are currently recovering from their stuffy nose and slight cough which is known as covid nowadays

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s a load of ch!t …
The generation before the boomers may have had nothing… but my experience is that most boomers have lived through and are benefiting from the greatest time period mankind has ever had.

Your both kinda right from my experience.. I believe I was at the tail end of the baby boomers (born in 59) , and I do remember my mom making our Christmas presents. I grew up on a farm so I had no idea as to whether we had money or not (and apparently we did not have much) but we always had lots to eat as we grew most of it, shoes on our feet and a car to get us to church on Sunday. Back in the mid 70’s, you didn’t need a college or university degree to get a good paying job, all you needed was to get you azz out of bed and with some ambition the world was yours… my generation has been extremely fortunate and our kids will do well off our backs… however it’s not looking nearly as good for our grandkids…

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 min.

Trump, Salvini and Farage are neither demiurges nor political geniuses, but simply puppets of the ordinary social classes. Those protesting on the street do not have an awareness of belonging to a new proletariat, but they share a common perception of the economic model and the conviction that they are culturally and geographically excluded from the territories that create employment and wealth.

Top Bottom