Couple ?`s

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
What did you guys that rode the pro last season in deep snow think of the stock track?

What were the extra`s offered when you snow checked the 2012 Pro this yr.? How much was the sled?

Anyone have problems with the WE shocks on last yrs. model?

Thanks

Last edited:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock track on the pro works way better then it did on the dragons. it feels like a whole new track. On the snowcheck this year polaris offered extended warranty and $1000.00 in accessories. We only had one sled come in with issues with the shocks. The spring retainer on both front shocks fell out.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did some side by side testing with the pro with stock track and the xp witha 2.5 challenger extreme. the xp worked probly 30% better than the pro with the factory track in about 2 feet of fresh. granted the sleds are most likely the same hp and the riders swapped the only conclusion i could come up with is that the series 5 track is not a good deep snow track. even though this is what it was designed for. the stock track being 2.4" and the challenger extreme being 2.5" i cant imagine the .10' of lug accounting for the huge increases in performance we saw. imo the track is way to soft.

yes i ride an xp but this is not a bias post as i would imagine the pro with the same track would be very similar to the xp.

PRORIDER27

Reaction score
Pro's were down 95% in warranty work last year. Hardly any issues at all. Didn't have any shock issues. Just 1 TPS sensor, 2 primary springs broke. Stock track is too soft of a lug. Highly recommend 2.5 Challenger Extreme and Avid drivers. Centre driver doesn't work so well. Tested Pro's side by side with stock vs. challenger. Big difference. Just my two cents.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Good to hear about the warranty work, sure take a beating for riding a Polaris some days.
I have run the Challenger for the last 2 yrs. and it did make a huge difference, wondered if the new track was better, thanks. I`ve been riding the 07 Dragon 700 for last 4 yrs. My Dino-Dragon and she hasn`t skipped a beat 4300 mi. on her.
Your 2 cents is what I want to hear.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did some side by side testing with the pro with stock track and the xp witha 2.5 challenger extreme. the xp worked probly 30% better than the pro with the factory track in about 2 feet of fresh. granted the sleds are most likely the same hp and the riders swapped the only conclusion i could come up with is that the series 5 track is not a good deep snow track. even though this is what it was designed for. the stock track being 2.4" and the challenger extreme being 2.5" i cant imagine the .10' of lug accounting for the huge increases in performance we saw. imo the track is way to soft.

yes i ride an xp but this is not a bias post as i would imagine the pro with the same track would be very similar to the xp.

How do you figure they are the same hp? The pro's last season were about 145-148hp, and what xp was it an 800r or an etec?

The camo extreme i do beleive is a huge improvement, freinds have done the switch on there polaris's and they said it made a huge difference. Like the other guy said the stock track is to soft, just like the '07 & '08 m-series tracks were to soft.

Top Bottom