Couple of new sleds

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just waiting on the anodizing now

3mod010.jpg

And one for overbore (in case he's lurking)

3mod009.jpg

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Overbore, you don't even have to look on this thread, let alone post :nono: For some of us, we just don't want stock.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the workmanship and performance of your custom builds. Everyone that can justify the cost should own one as would I.
However, the owners of stock Yamahas have to distance their attitudes and perceived sled abilities from those which you produce because there is $25,000 + worth of improvements. Your sleds are in a whole different league.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are lot's of two strokes in the hills that have as much put into them as these, as well as some costing lots more.

H2O

Reaction score
Is this a MCX express turbo kit?

What boost numbers are you running? Pump gas or blended with race fuel?

I think you mention a timbersled skid? Are these the best for turbo nytro application?

You did a head shim kit and no internal (engine) modifications...... so how much boost can an engine like this run safely?

I would love to do a build like this.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the workmanship and performance of your custom builds. Everyone that can justify the cost should own one as would I.
However, the owners of stock Yamahas have to distance their attitudes and perceived sled abilities from those which you produce because there is $25,000 + worth of improvements. Your sleds are in a whole different league.

Dude, if you don't like it, nobody fawking cares. I have built and ridden mod sleds all my life, and I just like setting myself apart on the hill, so I do it as a hobby and to improve the function of the sled. not because I have truck nuts (I drive a stock Dodge Ram 1/2 ton) or anything else to prove my manhood. I don't wanna ride a stocker sled like everyone else in the parking lot and on the hill. But you go ahead and be unique...just like everyone else.

TTT for some wicked looking sleds.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So why are you in this thread again???

Thanks a lot for the multiple personality disorder you have infused in my circuitry, by the way. I have a stock Yammy and a turbo one...and now I don't know if I have to distance myself from something....or get closer to something else...or my ability to create distance changes depending on what sled I take out that day......ah fawk - I am so confused now!

Great looking sleds SLY!!!!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MCX turbo. It's all I run as I firmly believe they are the best kit on the snow for most people. Have used them since '05, why mess with a good thing. I run varying boost levels, but usually set my base at 17 @ 2000' and I like to use Av as cheap insurance. Stock motor this year with a shim. Yes, I use Timbersled with FloatX and I have enough experience to know how to set them up for what I like. If I was a chute climber I would consider an M10 with a jack.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am confused about these Yamahas. Does owing one mean that you buy it and then tear it down to nothing and then buy a crap load of non OEM parts and rebuild it without even taking it outside? Why even call it a yamaha? The plastic is yamaha but not much else!

Thank god I buy sleds that I can ride the day it gets picked up from the dealer without spending 2x the original price to make it work.

I also will no longer laugh at the guys who hang metal bull nuts on their trailer hitches. It only cost them $25 to make their trucks macho, unlike yamaha.

Did you know that Yamaha is japanese for "CHUMP"

Your an idiot plain and simple:d

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why are you in this thread again???

Thanks a lot for the multiple personality disorder you have infused in my circuitry, by the way. I have a stock Yammy and a turbo one...and now I don't know if I have to distance myself from something....or get closer to something else...or my ability to create distance changes depending on what sled I take out that day......ah fawk - I am so confused now!

Great looking sleds SLY!!!!

Which sled do you prefer to ride? The turbo or stock? Is the stock sled for your wife, daughter or is it a parts marchine?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which sled do you prefer to ride? The turbo or stock? Is the stock sled for your wife, daughter or is it a parts marchine?

wow, you just won't quit, will ya? :alol2:

Both are great sleds, each with their pluses and minuses. Both of which are a pile of fun to ride!

Cheers,
PB

so, our good man Overbore, what pray tell is your steed of choice? I am guessing "Joey's Sister",but I could be wrong......lol

Last edited:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys have them out this weekdnd?
Unfortunately not. How was the snow? Just waiting on the anodizer so we can finish re-assembly. Even got the wraps on both. A full day's work left once we get the parts back and ready to go. Can't wait to try them out together. It's tough trying to get things lined up for new sleds mid-season :(

3mod008.jpg

Last edited:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doo ? :eek: This ain't no bombi, they just copied my colour scheme ;)

Top Bottom