Costco....

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know lot's of people don't like Costco, However I think everyone that lives in Grande Prairie owes them a thank-you.

Remember the days before they started selling gasoline???. When they opened up the gas bar it forced every gas station in town to drop their price by ten cents a liter.

I'm a Costco fan, but my bride works there and those little tubes help provide income for our household and my other additions.... SLEDDING:d:d:d

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have shopped at costco for years. I love going in there. Again the best tenderloin is bought from there. I bought my gun safe from there for about half the price as a comparable one anywhere else. I could go on and on.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 and I will also add.....

The meat/fish/poultry is low priced and large quantities. Easy to breakdown into meal sized portions and put into the freezer. By the way (just asked this question the other day), 99% of the fish is either farmed in Canada or wild.

Besides the meat, the raw products like sugar, flour, all the dairy products, flowers, fresh/frozen veggies, fruit, coffee, honey, various vegetable oils, are all lower priced than any other retailer (except sometimes Wally Mart but that is another story?).

Yes, some products are huge and as families change through the years, those huge quantities are not worthwhile, ie ketchup, parmesan, mustard, sauerkraut, and many more but to each their own.

Just love it with a cart full of stuff and a couple of dozen ($18) roses on top as we go thru the checkout.....priceless!

The ketchup is fine, you'd be amazed how long a bottle of ketchup lasts me......not very long at all....I put that chit on everything :d

The thing I find is, something might be double the size but if it's the same price as somewhere else why not?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Yes Bog that butternut and lobster pasta is awesome...those chicken pot pies are divine!!! Oh yeah and the mega bottles of ranch are awesome for some of the cooking disasters I have come out with lately. They have the best meats and fresh produce around. We have 5 kids so Costco flat out rocks for us!!! I love love love that place!!!! Their books are also wayyy cheaper than Coles etc. Trennis loves Costco because he can eat his way around the store...lol! We buy the executive membership and the amount we get back pays for our membership each year and then some. Did anybody see those touch lid garbage cans...those were so cool, my Mom bought a set.

Jan

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also love costco! but am sometimes deterred by the mass population of my city all there at the same time. its hard to go to costco and not spend 200 bucks. i also like mentioned above stock up on meats to break down and freeze, also buying a full beef tenderloin for 70-85 bucks vs 3 steaks at safeway for 30 bucks. also they have good produce, like packages of pre made pomegranates, that stuff is priceless if you know how much of a pain it is to make a pomegranate. they also have great deals on garage stuff!!

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another good thing about Costco is the Sherwood Park Costco has a liqour store, you don't need a membership and the booze is cheaper there. If you like Grey Goose, the Kirkland brand ( 60 lb'er) is bottled in France by Grey Goose ( This is what I have been told anyways, I've even gone as far as to have a blind taste test to try and tell the difference, and I can honestly tell you, that after MANY tests, that I couldn't remember if they tasted the same or not :) )
Anyways, booze is cheaper there.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another good thing about Costco is the Sherwood Park Costco has a liqour store, you don't need a membership and the booze is cheaper there. If you like Grey Goose, the Kirkland brand ( 60 lb'er) is bottled in France by Grey Goose ( This is what I have been told anyways, I've even gone as far as to have a blind taste test to try and tell the difference, and I can honestly tell you, that after MANY tests, that I couldn't remember if they tasted the same or not :) )
Anyways, booze is cheaper there.

All in the name of science, hey? :d

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Costco Hotdogs rock!!!! $2.49 for 2 BIG dogs and a drink, diced onions, and all the fixins.... can't get a better lunch for the price..." (bogger)

Why buy just troll the smorgasboard of free samples LOL!!!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate Costco....had membership for years and let it lapse. Go in...nice and early...dum de dum...fill cart...mmmmm, good deals....dum de dum...get to checkout: LINED UP PAST THE DRUGSTORE SECTION...1/4 OF THE TILLS OPEN!!!!!!! Push cart to the side and walk out. Did this 3 times and quit going there. If it's such a great store and the deals are great, they can afford to put cashiers in ALL the tills to keep the line down. I refuse to stand in line to spend money. (ask me how I feel about people lined up in the Tim Hoho's drive thru.....idjits)

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The secret to costco shopping .... dont get a cart if you cant carry it you probley dont need it. :eek:

Their return pollicy is the best. So if that 25lbs block of cheese goes bad before you finish it , take it back no questions asked. lol

Walmart's return policy is even better, they'll take stuff back that they dont even sell.:d

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a card 5 or six times and honestly didn't use it enough to make it worthwhile.I agree on the lines I don't like standing and waiting to sprnd my money.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a card 5 or six times and honestly didn't use it enough to make it worthwhile.I agree on the lines I don't like standing and waiting to sprnd my money.
i have to say we go there at least once a month and stock up on meats! waaaaay better price and quality is awesome. also since we live in the country, we stock up on canned goods as well to last a while. and although the lines can be long, costco is one store that knows how to put people thru their tills in a hurry. no walmart crap waiting 10 mins for someone with ECD(exact change disease). so even when it's lined up huge, you still get thru quicker than in most grocery stores..

greenlightning86

Reaction score
although the lines can be long, costco is one store that knows how to put people thru their tills in a hurry. no walmart crap waiting 10 mins for someone with ECD(exact change disease). so even when it's lined up huge, you still get thru quicker than in most grocery stores..

They keep track of each cashiers items per minute and members per minute so most of them try to go as fast as possible, unlike walmart.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that shopping in the U.S. costcos are even better!! I bought some rip curl shorts in maui last week. Loved them. Looked at all the other stores that had them to get some more and they were twice the price.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as a few of you may knoe im a teenager costoc is the best thing that has happened for me when i come home from school i eat 2 of thos dam good mini pizzas and there huge pies are amazing

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
well as a few of you may knoe im a teenager costoc is the best thing that has happened for me when i come home from school i eat 2 of thos dam good mini pizzas and there huge pies are amazing

Ya u can sure tell ur a teen, can barely spell, sounds like your on sum sort of drug(from your surgery), eat alot.:beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

Top Bottom