Costco....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've been thinking for awhile, I know it's tough for an ol' fart, but I really have been.

Ever since I purchased my Costco membership I have wondered how much "cash" goes up those air induced tubes in a day! All payments are in cash, debit, or approved cheques only. No VISA, MasterCard, etc. and no charge accounts.

That got me to thinking, how much money does Costco actually make? Is Costco privately owned and by whom?

Just throwing that out there for a few more posts and a little information....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco is the Devil.

Who in the hell needs a two pack of 17-Gallons of Heinz Ketchup?!? So what if it's only $9.99, I still don't need it. In fact, I didn't need at least 19 of the 20 over-size items that appear in my cart (and will be in my pantry until my kids graduate college) and cost me at least $500 every time I appear...

I would change my mind if the air tubes of cash were plumbed to come to my house, but so far the Costco Central Vac is sucking my cash out of my wallet and not the other way around...

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco is the Devil.

Who in the hell needs a two pack of 17-Gallons of Heinz Ketchup?!? So what if it's only $9.99, I still don't need it. In fact, I didn't need at least 19 of the 20 over-size items that appear in my cart (and will be in my pantry until my kids graduate college) and cost me at least $500 every time I appear...

I would change my mind if the air tubes of cash were plumbed to come to my house, but so far the Costco Central Vac is sucking my cash out of my wallet and not the other way around...

Just for these reasons my man has banned me :eek: from this Costco place that you all speak of! :rolleyes: LOL!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The secret to costco shopping .... dont get a cart if you cant carry it you probley dont need it. :eek:

Their return pollicy is the best. So if that 25lbs block of cheese goes bad before you finish it , take it back no questions asked. lol

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Costco is awesome IF you shop wisely. Here is a for instance.

I buy boneless skinless chicken thighs at Costco, ~30 in a package for 18 bucks...take them home split them in half add a cup of Franks Hot Sauce (which i bought there for 4 buck/bottle less then Safeway) and freeze them. At Safeway a package of ~10 pieces is 12 bucks...I cannot split the Atom but my math says Costco is the way to go for this item. << An example.

Paper towel, toilet paper, dish soap, laundry soap, hand soap...all WAY cheaper then the grocery stores.

If you go there and get seduced by the junk they sell that you do not need...it will cost you dearly.

PS>> Agree about the giant tubs of whatever...if we cannot consume it in 3 months I'm not buying it.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't gone into a costco for over a year.....and even then it was maybe once or twice a year.......and my total was usually under a $100.......Don't use 90% of the stuff as it is ready made foods that we do not use......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to say for local "grocery" Costco seems to have some of the best quality meats. We buy a lot of our meat there in big packs and then as Todd said, we just split it down into meal sized bags, add some marinade to some if we want it.

Also for camping we do a trip there every year, get the big bags of chips etc, then we don't have to go again for a long while.

It can be a dangerous place for some people though.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Save a lot of cash buying bulk.......

bulk condoms.jpg

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I have to say for local "grocery" Costco seems to have some of the best quality meats. We buy a lot of our meat there in big packs and then as Todd said, we just split it down into meal sized bags, add some marinade to some if we want it.

Also for camping we do a trip there every year, get the big bags of chips etc, then we don't have to go again for a long while.

It can be a dangerous place for some people though.

Agree fully. Costco's meats are some of the best tasting I've every come across.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score

I buy boneless skinless chicken thighs at Costco, ~30 in a package for 18 bucks...take them home split them in half add a cup of Franks Hot Sauce (which i bought there for 4 buck/bottle less then Safeway) and freeze them. At Safeway a package of ~10 pieces is 12 bucks...I cannot split the Atom but my math says Costco is the way to go for this item. << An example.

Paper towel, toilet paper, dish soap, laundry soap, hand soap...all WAY cheaper then the grocery stores.

If you go there and get seduced by the junk they sell that you do not need...it will cost you dearly.

PS>> Agree about the giant tubs of whatever...if we cannot consume it in 3 months I'm not buying it.

Costco seduces me everytime..:eek::eek:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
save a lot of cash buying bulk.......

View attachment 79473

at one of our previous service stations, we used to buy all the tobacco products there..... Far cheaper than any of the other suppliers.......... $25000 was nothing when we stocked up for a week. No wonder the old shop was broken into 3 times..... Good thing the bars kept them out of the cigarettes, eh?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

X2 and I will also add.....

The meat/fish/poultry is low priced and large quantities. Easy to breakdown into meal sized portions and put into the freezer. By the way (just asked this question the other day), 99% of the fish is either farmed in Canada or wild.

Besides the meat, the raw products like sugar, flour, all the dairy products, flowers, fresh/frozen veggies, fruit, coffee, honey, various vegetable oils, are all lower priced than any other retailer (except sometimes Wally Mart but that is another story?).

Yes, some products are huge and as families change through the years, those huge quantities are not worthwhile, ie ketchup, parmesan, mustard, sauerkraut, and many more but to each their own.

Just love it with a cart full of stuff and a couple of dozen ($18) roses on top as we go thru the checkout.....priceless!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
k im gettin friggin hungyy! dont they sell ready meals there too?

Costco Hotdogs rock!!!! $2.49 for 2 BIG dogs and a drink, diced onions, and all the fixins.... can't get a better lunch for the price...

Had the pre-made alfredo chicken penne last night was awesome... I love the butternut squash and the lobster ravioli... lots of items that I just can't find anywhere else...

it does make for many $1000 shopping trips but I love getting home and putting all the chit away and then trying to decide what to have for supper...

Top Bottom