Costco 'Snap On' Branded Air Compressor

jaredvh

Reaction score
Costco currently has a 2HP 20Gal Snap-On (re-branded) air compressor for $200. It has dual regulators and they claim 4.1cfm at 125psi and 5.1 at 90psi if I remember correctly. Anybody tried one of these out yet? Seems like a really good price but thought I'd ask before I picked one up to try out for myself. I don't need anything too crazy, mostly just airing up tires, the bags on my truck and the odd air tool here and there.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one. Happy with it so far since I just use it for light use. Can't beat it for the price and if anything goes wrong can't beat Costco's warranty.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have one as well they are worth what they sell for. A little slow but will do everything you need/want to do at home for most people
No problems yet coming a year I have had it

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gone through a couple of compressors from costco, you really can't go wrong as they take them back. My last one i bought was from sears for 99 dollars on sale it works great and seems to stand up.

jaredvh

Reaction score
Well.. I got the last one that Costco RD had. Box is a little banged up but the compressor looks fine inside. Merry late Christmas to me!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I used one this past summer for nearly every day for 3 months. The manifold is cheaply made and only lasted a week; the cast fittings were junk! I could have taken it back because, as many above have said, "Costco has a great warranty."

I re-built the manifold better than it was and have had no problems.

I also treated myself to a pair of the Snap-on shop stools.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had that same model for the last 1.5 years. No issues with it other than she's loud. I was going to try to build an enclosure around it but screw it...

And don't worry about missing out on the deal. That price always comes and goes on that unit at Costco.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that at Costco as well. Read a bunch of reviews online and it sounds like this branch of Snap On was sold to a Chinese guy and the quality crashed.
Lot of people (online) are posting about having problems. But like you say - Costco is awesome if you have a problem and need to return it. You can't go wrong for $200 anyways.

good luck

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went on line to check them out but none there. Guess i'll have to go down to see them.

Top Bottom