Corbin

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
You rode up into an area called heartbrake. You would have came to a large gravell pit and to your left could have seen the spoils pile from the mine. Tha area is now unacsessible due to crossing mine property but you can still ride one area up there. It is a small trail through the trees well before you get to that sign that states your on mine property.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes,
I was trying to confirm this was where they were first. New guy describing area might be a little off on his directions and descriptions and did not want to tell him the wrong area

Little

Reaction score
That would be the place all right. Was hard to tell if the 'mounds' were dirt, deadfall or snow only. Rode in the trees some there, then went to Barnes/Limestone. Trail in there (Barnes)was pretty ruff. Thanks for the info guys, Mark

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounds are dirt to stop summer traffic. Team dirt is right.
After you passed the mounds and went a few miles, the road turned left, and straight ahead was a small trail that went into Heartbreak.
Barns trail is always rough. We have a small pull behind groomer at the first creek crossing into Barnes. If everyone would take turns pulling it up when they went in and out, the trail would be very good.

Little

Reaction score
We have ridden around Fernie quite a bit, Morrissey, Notch, even the Pipeline, just never got to the north end of the Flathead. This year with the logging issue we decided to start at the north end which put us in unfamiliar territory.Was a great trip, we'll be back, but we're going to Idaho next week.

Is it possible to pull the small groomer uphill with a snowmobile?? For sure not getting in there with a snocat, not even a bombi.

Little

Reaction score
Believe we saw this by the bridges, wondered what it was, now we know.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
As well as the Elk Valley; upper and lower. Elkford groomed on Wed night. It was sweet today......

The Coal Summit will be awesome and the Coal Creek trail will be groomed tomorrow(Friday) night.

Just letting everyone know.....

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As well as the Elk Valley; upper and lower. Elkford groomed on Wed night. It was sweet today......

The Coal Summit will be awesome and the Coal Creek trail will be groomed tomorrow(Friday) night.

Just letting everyone know.....

spread the word NO NEW SNOW IN THE PASS I REPEAT NO NEW SNOW IN THE PASS

Reaction score
Corbin/Fernie area had some pretty big changes in temperatures and was dumping all day and hasn't stopped. We witnessed a few little slides and talked with some other guys and they said they witnessed a few larger slides that were naturally occuring. There is about a 1-1.5 foot layer of snow that is extremely heavy and wet that is sitting on top of a layer of ice about as thick as a penny. It was like riding in sand or water it felt pretty heavy and lots of digging! Headed back south from the powerline ROW and it was raining down below the closer you got to fernie. The guys we met up with today said they came from Fernie and there was a 11 degree temperature change within a very short distance and the highway went from being wet to straight ice. We started the day at -20 at coleman and staged at the yellow gates and it was -16 at noon. Good snow till you got further back and traveled further west where the snow got really wet and heavy. Stayed off the steep stuff as the risk was to great and we dug in one area for 2 hrs to get out. Hopefully tomorrow is cooler with better snow.
Truck had probably 3-4 inches in 4.5 hrs at staging area.
Only pic from today attached.

I will not be playing on the big stuff down here for a while!
Anyone riding out here be safe and enjoy.

Attachments

• GOPR0075.jpg
    GOPR0075.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 503

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of stuck Ian pictures.... Not going well this year Ian?

Kidding. Looks deep! A lot of shovels out...

Lol.

I wish my sled was together. In the coming weeks I hope to change some of that, or at least work on it again.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
There seems to be a lot of stuck Ian pictures.... Not going well this year Ian?

Kidding. Looks deep! A lot of shovels out...

Lol.

I wish my sled was together. In the coming weeks I hope to change some of that, or at least work on it again.

There was alot of stucks. The snow was super deep and real unforgiving.

Top Bottom