Corbin Restricted Areas

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please read the attached letter describing the area's " NO TRESPASSING" areas of concern. Please everybody do their best to keep everyone off of these area's to keep this area open for snowmobiling

Attachments

• Scan001.pdf
    300.8 KB · Views: 207

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please read the attached letter describing the area's " NO TRESPASSING" areas of concern. Please everybody do their best to keep everyone off of these area's to keep this area open for snowmobiling

I'm guessing this will posted at the trailhead as well?

C'mon sledders, lets not be the cause of area closures!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This is a letter informing the Fernie Snowmobile Club of essentially the same thing. Teck Coal is being pro-active and putting this into the hands of the users. Not a lot of our members use this side of the mountains but just the same it is great that Teck Coal is putting it into users hands first. Please pay attention out there guys and gals.....

The following letter is self explanatory!

Attention Snowmobile clubs and back country users.

As active snowmobile users in the Corbin area around the Coal Mountain mine site, Teck Coal would appreciate your cooperation in distributing to your members the attached information describing concerns on trespass on active mining areas. This is potentially a very dangerous practice. The continued enjoyment of the area to everyone is important to Teck.

Everyone Going Home Safe and Healthy Every Day is a core value of Teck Coal.

Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Nic Milligan or me.

Tks

Cal McDougall
Land Administrator
Teck Coal Limited

Ph. 250-425-3350
Fax. 250-425-3330
cal.mcdougall@teck.com

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post i hope everybody read this letter and understand this. i hope people just stay off the restricted areas i like to see the trail stay open and more people besides ....cheers

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Idea,
I will see what I can do

I can see if I can get it laminated here at the office or at least a plastic sheet cover for it. Let me know.

Hell, I'll even make the rest of the sign for you if you want, all you have to do is erect it up in parking lot.

Mm

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see if I can get it laminated here at the office or at least a plastic sheet cover for it. Let me know.

Hell, I'll even make the rest of the sign for you if you want, all you have to do is erect it up in parking lot.

Mm

Any help will be appreciated
Let me know what you can do for us, I can get it put up,

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any help will be appreciated
Let me know what you can do for us, I can get it put up,

Will try and get it laminated Monday, I will build the rest of the sign today.

Do you want it on a 2X4 or a 4X4 post?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Great post and good of you guys to go the extra step to making signs for the area. Hopefully all read about it and if we see someone in the ponds we can inform them not to go in there and for them to read the signs. Cudo's!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Heartbreak not in the resrticted area?

Heartbreak, Badluck is O.K. This is the area that is straight ahead on the small trail once you get up to where the big trail swings to the left. You can still go left a ways on the big trail but you can not cross over the corner of the mine to get into Predator any more. There is a big sign at the edge of the mine property.

Thanks to everyone that is reading the post, asking questions and spreading the word to fellow sledders and offering to help :beer:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When is someone coming by to get the sign?

I'm headed down Friday morning; I can drop it off anywhere in Coleman or Blairmore Friday or I'll be at the Inn on the Border for the CSC Club ride on Sat.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am heading down friday night, if you drop it off at my buddies in pincher station, right up behind the husky on the hiway i can take it to corbin saturday morning

Thanks, But we have it under control now. Someone is going to meet shawn Friday to pick it up and will be going to Corbin Saturday morning.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must apoligize, I did not realize there was so many sledders that could not read or understand english! :rolleyes: With all the postings on the internet and signs that the mine has posted, and the banks that Terry has pushed up while grooming, There still is people riding in the restricted area's.
We will now be putting Stakes and ribbon across the area's where there is not to be any riding and hopefully these sledders can at least understand what this means!:realmad:

STAY OUT OF RESTRICTED AREA'S no matter what area you are riding in, wether it is due to minning, logging or wildlife restrictions!!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must apoligize, I did not realize there was so many sledders that could not read or understand english! :rolleyes: With all the postings on the internet and signs that the mine has posted, and the banks that Terry has pushed up while grooming, There still is people riding in the restricted area's.
We will now be putting Stakes and ribbon across the area's where there is not to be any riding and hopefully these sledders can at least understand what this means!:realmad:

STAY OUT OF RESTRICTED AREA'S no matter what area you are riding in, wether it is due to minning, logging or wildlife restrictions!!

yeah what he said azzzhats

Top Bottom