CNP 22/23 Season

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to get this one started. There’s between 4-6 feet in various areas but very little base so still lots of hidden land mines. This is going to eventually be a good base unfortunately there’s a hard crust 2-3 feet off the ground that did not bond well with future layers, could be a bit risky this year so keep your spidey senses on alert.

Had a great time last year on this photo shoot for Travel AB, if the link doesn’t work go to laurenslighthouse.com To view the pics and read the article.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great little article! Haven't ridden the pass in over 10 years as generally just go to Fernie. Hope it gets some good snow as I would like to do more riding in the Pass and support the local business.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is really 3 hours and twenty minutes from Calgary to Etherington Creek provincial park trailhead, or is there a shorter way in?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A little confusion in this thread? Etherington Creek (the one I know of anyways) is up by Longview and managed by the Calgary Snowmobile club. That is an hours drive from southend of Calgary. Atlas, in the Crowsnest Pass, is another totally different area. That is about 2 hours from the southend of Calgary.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google maps says 541 is closed from December to May. This is why I ask. Would like to make a family trip out one day.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google maps says 541 is closed from December to May. This is why I ask. Would like to make a family trip out one day.
Its a bit misleading if you’re not familiar with the area….

Yes, the highway is closed west of longview (at the old Highwood junction), but that’s where you leave the pavement turning south on the 940 towards the Etherington and Cataract creek staging areas (the campgrounds are open in the summer).

It’s an ok area for a family trail ride, but I would have to think that you must have something straight west that’s closer to you than this???

EldestEldo

Reaction score
For some reason google sends you down south and then back north, which doesn't work as the highway north isn't open in the winter. you just go west at longview on 541 then turn south on to 940 even though he map shows it as closed.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drove to pincher creek on sat. 12 above at claresholm water in the ditches no snow drove home Sunday morning in a blizzard with 100klm wind very little snow in the foothills they will need a good dump for their rally in feb

BubbleNuts

Reaction score
drove to pincher creek on sat. 12 above at claresholm water in the ditches no snow drove home Sunday morning in a blizzard with 100klm wind very little snow in the foothills they will need a good dump for their rally in feb
Its hard im in lethbridge and we have a ranch in blairmore we could ride there the issue is the never really build up a snow base with chinooks and warmer temps on this side of the rockies. Tried atlas mar 29 last year wasnt too bad actually. we had to turn around at fernie since there was too little snow down low and our sleds were overheating the same day lol

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Madison and I made it out and checked atlas / window mountain area out. It’s pretty thin. We only rode a bit and called it a day. Need a few feet. Above 6000 feet there’s snow, but below it’s thin. Icy trails in spots.

D1BF69EA-2C26-4916-947E-7F29E8A26A7E.jpeg
C22AF3BE-D9BE-43D7-9F96-953A122B2B56.jpeg

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the heavy snowfall warning for SW Alberta on Friday did not materialize or were you out before that?

BubbleNuts

Reaction score
ANyone ridden castle mountain?
Ill find a thread for you and it was what my dad remembers the riding like. Our neighbors almost always ride there since it 1.5hr from us and its perfect day drip drive and can have some wicked deep days there. The early year riding was so geed there this year they had some over the hood days and said some areas you couldnt go 10 mins without getting stuck. Thing is there so little snow this year now its all shrunk down and tracked out right now i bet https://www.snowandmud.com/threads/castle-mountain-resort-riding-areas.121905/

Top Bottom