Cops!

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thread. These usually turn into angry pig roasts. Nice change for those of us who have cop friends.

Whoever said the thing about the minor infraction being used as a way to stop and look for other trouble is bang on. The ticket is still given in case someone complains about the stop being harassment; the ticket shows it was a legit stop and not profiling.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol ya cops know all the little tricks. mudflaps i agree wit should be mandatory. it does suck when they pull u over for the petty stuff. but thats life i guess. been there many times lol.

T-BO

Reaction score
When was the last time you said to yourself "Man, that cop really helped me out in that situation!" or "Wow that officer did everything in his power to protect and serve my interests!"

I'm drawing a blank here. Cops are paid to convict people and hand out tickets. That is all.

Adam Carolla tells in like it is.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-pSfyH39a8[/media]

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you said to yourself "Man, that cop really helped me out in that situation!" or "Wow that officer did everything in his power to protect and serve my interests!"

I'm drawing a blank here. Cops are paid to convict people and hand out tickets. That is all.

It makes it even worse when you get ripped off and the cops do absolutely nothing. If they spent half the time they spend writing tickets catching bad guys, people might have a different view of them.

I don't b!^ch when I get a speeding ticket but I reserve my right to complain that they don't speed nearly enough time catching thiefs.

I will just pay my deductable and thank the cops for making the hard working peeps that work hard to have nice things pay useless tickets.
The world will be a better place if we all have mud flaps and no tint on our windows.:wtg:

darkday

Reaction score
Funny thread. These usually turn into angry pig roasts. Nice change for those of us who have cop friends.

Whoever said the thing about the minor infraction being used as a way to stop and look for other trouble is bang on. The ticket is still given in case someone complains about the stop being harassment; the ticket shows it was a legit stop and not profiling.

I agree, licence plate lights not working at night is also good excuse to pull you over!!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ther is an even better that they can use which is reasonable suspicion. If you are driving slow or keep braking in res area. Even if you are known to associate with "the wrong crowd" . Park your car and it isnt between then yellow lines. Those are just the ones i can rap off the top of my noodle. There have been many others.

Easiest way to avoid this is " dont do anything illegal" then when they pull you over it is nothing more than a waste of time. And say "thank you lots" they just love that:beer:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to avoid this is " dont do anything illegal"

Now what fun would that be?? :beer: Nothing is "illegal" unless you get caught..lol

Sniff Sniff... I smell bacon...Sniff Sniff... I smell pork
Run piggy piggy I have a fork.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mudflaps personally dont do jack all I have had my windshield cracked numerous of times by vehicles with or witout mudflaps the only time a flap would be beneficial is if it came all the way down to the road and was the complete width of the tire mudflaps are pointless. I got many of tickets for them it's just life or maybe it was because I was 23 with a nicer truck than they had :d. It's just the way the system works I complain about stupid tickets all the time but basiclly like been said before there hands are tied by the justice system so for now we just gotta suck it up and not let it ruin our days

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i actually had to make a double report here in cranbrook I had a house party in my number getting pretty out of control tons of fights people shooting roman candles at peoples houses and stuff like that so i called it in had an officer show up immediately wich was great so must of the rowdiness stopped but i observed 4 people get into vehicles with open beer and drive off so i went and talked to the man he said he would try and watch more carefully i watched two more get in there vehicles before i re-called the police and had to get another officer up there for reports of drinking and driving. Needless to say there was a minor accident that night from an individual under the influence this is the stuff police need to be worrying about more rather than flaps and window tint but for the most part there hands are tied on this stuff due to the judicial system and it is unfortunate

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is this BS about mud flaps on cars or is it just some one lips flapping Bullsh!t here, never heard of it

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is this BS about mud flaps on cars or is it just some one lips flapping Bullsh!t here, never heard of it

Not sure about cars but it is definitely true for trucks whether they are lifted or not you can be ticketed for having no flaps....My question is if it is illegal why can the dealership sell you a vehicle without them?? can anyone answer this?? I have even worked with guys that have gotten tickets in rental trucks...The rental company owns the vehicle but the ticket is made out to the operator...doesn't make alot of sense to me. As stated in a previous post if its illegal why isn't it mandatory when you register the vehicle?

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the ticket was for the same amount my winshield cost when the guy that did not have mud flaps forced me to get a new windshield

Im totally with you on that one, took the words right out of my mouth.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a lifted truck too, and i put mudflaps on her for the sake of not giving the cops a reason to hassle me. And it helps save the rocker panels (haha hardly). My brother on the other hand has a bigger lifted truck and won't put them on cause there ugly! so true in most cases.. we've convinced him to at least put em on when he's hauling the sled trailer but there always off right after he gets home. Needless to say he's received a few mudflap tickets.

I agree that they dont matter you still get rock chips just the same.. semi's , cars , trucks alike. In the case of cars, i also have one of those and it only had mudflaps on the front tires not the back.. so is it only regulatory for the 'driving wheels' ?

Tint.. well that's just a joke. you buy cars off the lot w/ tint as well! The worst part is when they try to peel or rip your tint when they pull you over. Don't think there allowed to touch your vehicle as such but I don't know.

Fender flares is also a legit thing.. cant have more than 2" of rubber sticking out.. but generally fender flares add to the look of the truck so it's fine.

How dealers sell you vehicles without all the proper cop picking things I don't know. Maybe they don't want to bother trying to figure out how to mount semi-sized mudflaps without using chains. or there is slight loopholes to the heights thing i do believe.. as a friend of mine had a 16"lift 46"tires and it fit the bill.. somehow..

anyway just my thoughts

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
On the commercial side of things, you will get a fine and points on your carrier profile if bobtailing without rear mud flaps. If hooked to a trailer you're fine. The lenght of the flap is also to be legal length. The fine use to be $75 per side and 2 points. Heard it was up to $150 a side now. RCMP don't tend to look for these infractions but the DOT will. I think these little infractions on personal vehicles is just the "probable cause" needed to check you out. A buddy of mine a few years back put a 1980 Chev 3/4 ton body on a 2 1/2 ton millitary under carrage. Was hasseled right from the git go till one day it was mysteriously stolen from work and found outside of town trashed. The good side to it was the insured amount :d Bottom line here is don't bitch and complain about rules and regs that are in place for ones safety and well being. If your breaking the law no matter how pitty a law you think it might be....it's still the law. If you choose to ignore it, well that's your problem I guess :beer::beer:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got pulled over in edson a few weeks ago for tinted side windows, I knew it was only a matter of time. But what really frosts me is I had my sled on my deck and the cop never asked me or checked to see if it was mine or not!!

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry you got a ticket for not having mud flaps. Personally i think they should start right at the dealership. Have them put them all on before they leave the lot. After that ticket every car/truck/bus and anything else on the road that does not have them. Not only does it protect the guy behind you it also protects your body.
How does a new truck/car get a NVIS without them?

Any dealers/car salemen have a comment?

hate them 90% look gay

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do any of the lifted trucks get away with being on the road? isn't there a law as to how high your bumpers can legally be off the ground? what good are they when they meet the windshield of your hyundai?

52" to centre of headlight is max height in alberta they are cracking down in gp area had two trucks of customers go get smaller tires to pass

Top Bottom