cooling fan won't shut off

jplath

Reaction score
Ok I figured out most of my electrical issues eccept one my cooling fan won't shut off as soon as I turn on the ignition it comes on and won't shut off until I turn off the ignition this is confusing because I replaced the relay hoping this was the problem but it's not I'm at a loss at this point any suggestions?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I figured out most of my electrical issues eccept one my cooling fan won't shut off as soon as I turn on the ignition it comes on and won't shut off until I turn off the ignition this is confusing because I replaced the relay hoping this was the problem but it's not I'm at a loss at this point any suggestions?

Sounds like the temperature switch is shot.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like temp switch, remove the rad and clean it out, soak it if you can, you will be surprized of just how plugged the rad can be.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How the hell did they come to that conclusion? Did they do some kind of test or they just shooting from the hip? Not liking where you maybe taking us on this one. I rather liked those people there.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to Martin power sports they told me my ECM is shot it's like $1600.00 to buy a new one wow did that guy see me coming

Before you get taken for a ride I would call Rapid Revolutions and have Kevin give you advice (Great guy to deal with) or get their mechanic to look. Rapid does great work from my experience and won't screw you. Plus for almost any part they are cheaper then these big dealers. :beer:

jplath

Reaction score
I spoke with Kevin at get torqed he agreed with Martin power sports so it sounds like I'm in need of a ECM I surfed the internet for almost 3 hours looking for an aftermarket one I found procom makes them but they discontinued them but will be rereleasing them in a couple months it's a shame dynatek doesn't make them the ones from procom they retail for about $250.00-$300.00 but the thought of my quad sitting for 2 months is unbearable.

Top Bottom