cooling fan motor

daddy e

Reaction score
i have a 2008 pol ur ass sportman 500 i ave replaced the cooling fan and motor twice and the motor is starting to growl agian:eek: .does anyone also have this problem ???:rant: does anyone know of a better / or other fan motor that will work :rolleyes:ps WISHED I NEVER BOUGHT THE PULL MY ASS:eek:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never had a fan problem on any of our polaris quads. my dads 08 500 has like 4500km on it original fan. I know you used to be able to go right to the companay that made the motors and buy them cheap but i belive they put a stop to it. check high lifter for more info. other than that ebay is you best bet. most 500 sportsman i know of take alot of abuse and keep on ticking.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look on the back of the fan there is a Spal part #. You can order them onlone from them or talk to an auto parts store. There is a fan with a higher CFM rating in the same frame size, I put one in the wifes 700 and fit perfectly, just had to change ends on the wire. I'll see if I have the # somewhere, I doubt it but I'll check.

Last edited:

daddy e

Reaction score
If you look on the back of the fan there is a Spal part #. You can order them onlone from them or talk to an auto parts store. There is a fan with a higher CFM rating in the same frame size, I put one in the wifes 700 and fit perfectly, just had to change ends on the wire. I'll see if I have the # somewhere, I doubt it but I'll check.

if you can remeber where you bought would help auto parts can not find a spal #
thanks

stealth800

Reaction score
you could try changing the bearings they are easy to do and cost like three dollars each

vinson4ever

Reaction score
Had to replace a fan motor a few years ago on a 03 Suzuki. Found one at Centerpoint Performance by Devon. It worked great and very cheap. I believe it was made for a polaris but with a little work, it fit the suzuki. Hope this helps.

stealth800

Reaction score
Found the bearings at bumper to bumper. It's fairly easy to do other than trying to get the pin out of the shaft and use lots of silicone to reseal the motor housing

stealth800

Reaction score
These are the spal fan numbers for Polaris sportsman's that I have found
Spal *VA26-AP50/WP-44A 11inch high performance fan *
Spal *VA26-AP70/WP-44A 11inch high performance fan *
The first one will fit the 2003 700 and the second one will fit 2006 & 2007 800's if your bike is the same as the first one you are in luck because John Deere uses that fan on one of there side by sides the second fan I had to order direct from Spal even with the shipping it was still cheaper than buying from the Polaris dealer
Here is the website that I used to order my fan from:

Last edited:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2008 pol ur ass sportman 500 i ave replaced the cooling fan and motor twice and the motor is starting to growl agian:eek: .does anyone also have this problem ???:rant: does anyone know of a better / or other fan motor that will work :rolleyes:ps WISHED I NEVER BOUGHT THE PULL MY ASS:eek:

I've owned a number of polaris quads and have never had any issues with the fans... I wonder if there is an underlying problem which is wrecking your fans..... just a thought....:confused:

Onlypolaris is parting out an '06 700 and the fan may fit yours....

Last edited:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry fan off a 700 won't fit. If you go through alot of mud and swamps you got to make sure you stop and check the fan and make sure it doesn't have weeds and mud caught in it. I have never had to replace a fan on a polaris quad.

gwilburn

Reaction score
believe me... you are not the only one. This will likely be my last polaris. Can't deal with the price of the parts. Got one out of my 600 sportsman now... hardly any miles on it at all... it's cleaner than my truck. They want $265.00 for it at the dealer.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
By any chance isd there a breather hose on these polarass fans, could be routed wrong ending up in the watwer and water is ur problem, or the beather line is pinched and not letting the hot air from around the motor out..

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By any chance isd there a breather hose on these polarass fans, could be routed wrong ending up in the watwer and water is ur problem, or the beather line is pinched and not letting the hot air from around the motor out..

No breather line they are "sealed".

Top Bottom