Coolant Heaters

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a coolant heater for my 2012 duramax. Anyone else have one? It's 2300 to get installed so I would like to hear some opinions before I decide.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 2 of them there espar heaters one is great the other is a piece of chit never really worked from day one but when there work there awesome i wouldn't go with out on my big trucks

Summitboy

Reaction score
2300 wow ? I bought my first one for 1300 and installed myself. My second one I just bought for 500 new. That's a lot of coin for a installed unit. They are very easy to install if you have some mechanical ability. We have done quite a few installs on Fords, Dodges and now Dmax.

If your Espar isn't working to chit hot it may just need to be cleaned. The screen gets coked up. Not a biggy.

John Boy

Reaction score
I have had Webaso's and Espars and found the Espar to be better. The trick to any of them is to use them year round. Most people make the mistake of only using them in the winter. All spring / summer and fall not running the heater will cause you issues in the long run. I had mine on my 2500 fo 6 years and never had one issue. I ran it twice a day every day, 40 above or 40 below didnt matter. Get a 7 day timmer and program it, works great.

They are easy to install if you have the aptitude. If you work on your sled you can install one of these.

If you are looking for a deal on them try calling all the truck dealers, they get them in bulk so some times they have specials.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an espar on my 11 duramax. Installed it myself. Love it.... There's a new/used espar on kijiji right now for cheap. Message me and I can walk you through install. Took me about 2 hrs.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing to caution, a good install really can make or break how a heater performs over its life. I used to work for what was the largest Espar dealer in Canada, and 90% of the trouble shooting I had to do went back to install issues.

Cummins Western Canada, and Polar Mobility are probably the best bets for new heaters in Western Canada.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a espar on my 07 dodge runs perfect! like someone said run em all the time! the place i used to work has them on everything. the only problem we found was that the guys that were not on the same machine all the time were the ones that had all the issues all the time. once u have one you wonder how u ever starded ur truck with out one. i run fuel conditioner also that i think helps. and they are fairly easy to install. enjoy

Top Bottom