Cool Guns

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does shipping guns in the mail work?
Yup mail guns through canada post all the time easy peasy, had a good mornin at the calgary gun show today I've never been to that particular show before and gotta say was mighty impressed, ya there are always gonna be guys that are out to lunch on prices but for the most part the prices were pretty good, lots of stuff it took me 4 hrs to get through everything, walked out with the only 444s marlin in the show that I could find, a nice little topper deluxe 410 SXS, a savage 93 22mag, and a gorgeous Ithaca semi auto 12ga was a good day

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone in the cool guns section has a 45 70 stainless and decides (yeah right) to sell it let me know. Wouldn't mind picking one up.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I have a Nice Marlin SS /rosewood Guide Gun i would be willing to sell.
It shoots great but i haven't used it in awhile.

It's pre Marlin to Remington sale manufactured and doesn't have any of those issues that came after they sold to remington.
The Hornady 305 lever evolutions work pretty great in it actually.

Been hunting with my 308 browning leaver yearly now and really have no need for a 45-70, shoot me a pm with your price range.
comes with swivels and sling.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Well, my status on the RCMP site is FINALLY listed as in progress, so hopefully it's getting close now. Much better than "we have no information that matches what you've input".

Gettin excited!!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, my status on the RCMP site is FINALLY listed as in progress, so hopefully it's getting close now. Much better than "we have no information that matches what you've input".

Gettin excited!!

Val's restricted PAL has been listed in progress for the last 4 weeks.

Her reference was called 3 weeks ago.

Keep an eye on your progress and check with your reference if they have been called

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody lookin for a near new 22 mag? Selling my savage with new 3x9 Simmons 22 mag scope nothing overly fancy but good and clear, bipod, and a bunch of ammo , bought it for another gopher rifle then plans have changed, has maybe 30 rounds through it $360 firm

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1895 Winchester .405
Were commissioned and used by the US cavalry and the famous Rough riders commanded by Teddy Roosevelt during the American Spanish war. Teddy Roosevelt, loved this rifle so much that it was his "Big Medicine Rifle", as he called it for African big game hunting safari trips he was known to do.
This particular one i own was made in 1921, in virtually mint condition. I also have one chambered in a 30-06.
No boys its not a replica, its the real deal and a rare find.
IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Last edited:

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little off topic sorry, but does anyone know if there is any .17 hmr ammo around Edmonton. Or surrounding area..reasonably priced?
Thankyou

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little off topic sorry, but does anyone know if there is any .17 hmr ammo around Edmonton. Or surrounding area..reasonably priced?
Thankyou

Cabelas, Wholesale sports, P&D.

Beats me on price but in stock.

I shoot therefore I must buy!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody with to many gophers I have lots of bullets - just never had gophers on our farms, so sad.

B more han happy to help cure your rodent problem with .17HMR and .17WSM.

Just send me a PM and will be there!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I'd love to have you out to my place, but mine are pocket gophers and never come out during the day, and have never seen one at night either. But they're clearly there.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd love to have you out to my place, but mine are pocket gophers and never come out during the day, and have never seen one at night either. But they're clearly there.

You have to trap those or do the propane blow them op thing.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found limited stock at wholesale on Saint Albert trail. 200 rnds cci for $80.

Just in case you need more was in Cabelas on east end and they had 20+ boxes of eac 20 or 25gr. Winchester brand only, they shoot fine out of my savage B-mag.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never owned a Browning but took a chance and picked up a White Gold Medallion in 270 Winchester today for my daughter.
Topped it with a Leupold VXR 3-9X50 since it won't be a long range gun in need of a high power scope but it does have the illuminated duplex. Have other long range guns and wanted to keep this one a low recoil (she usually shoots my 270 Weatherby) simple shooter for her out to 300yds. Compared to others it is a mid priced gun so hopefully a decent shooter with factory loads.
Picked 3 boxes remington 130 corelockt to break in the barrel. $34 a box is way easier to swallow than $100 a box for the Bee - $120 if topped with Barnes TSX.
Looking at Vortex with the Barnes as a hunting round for later for the Browning.

Just wondering who has had one and what shot best in 130gr.

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is copied here courtesy of Tony Bernardo CILA

COMMENTARY – IS BILL S-223 A DANGEROUS "TROJAN HORSE?"

She's baaaack. Just when you thought it was safe to go into the Senate of Canada, along comes Senator Céline Hervieux-Payette with the newest incarnation of her Draconian anti-gun bill, now called Bill S-223.

This is the latest of several legislative introductions the honourable Senator has made to inflict a wicked piece of garbage on Canadians.

The bill would change the "Restricted" category to "Circumscribed" (cutting off the flash hider of your AR-15?), prohibit all firearms except a VERY narrow range of hunting firearms and “localize” the prohibition of restricted firearms. In other words, that's centralized lock up of some of your guns and destruction of the rest.

ALL SEMI-AUTOS OF ALL TYPES (except .22s) WOULD BE RESTRICTED/ PROHIBITED.

As well, no one would be allowed to move circumscribed (restricted/prohibited) guns except approved “Transporters.” Of course, these would be made up of highly trained, untouchable and steely-eyed folks – like Canada Post, but even better.

Guns would not be “registered” but “inscribed.” Says the good Senator: “You can appreciate that the terms ‘registration’ and ‘registered’ have been used so often that we simply thought that using the term ‘inscription’ would eliminate some anxiety. I think that using the term inscription does not evoke feelings of fear”"

Yes, it's true, she really does think you are that stupid.

Seemingly, she also thinks the media and the rest of Canadians are stupid enough to be fooled by this childish attempt at deceit.

The Senator also states: “The firearm death rate in the United States, a country with very weak gun control laws, was 10.3 per 100,000 population in 2011. That amounts to 32,163 deaths in one year, according to the National Vital Statistic Reports from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. That would be the number of deaths if 20 towers, like those of the World Trade Center, were to collapse every year in the United States. There were 2,977 victims on September 11, 2001.”

Apparently she failed arithmetic too.

Twenty World Trade Center tragedies would total 59,540, not 32,163. She also quotes the U.S. example as proof that Canada is different because of our gun control while failing to recognize that as the numbers of U.S. firearms goes up, violent crime with firearms goes down. Apparently the Senator's facts only go in one direction and her prowess in deciphering and analyzing social trends and dangers is only dwarfed by her considerable mathematics skills.

As the last pail of stupid gets thrown into the tub, all restricted/prohibited would be forbidden to transfer.

There's a lot more too. Some 76 pages of legalese gobbledygook to decipher, but we are on it!

The bill cannot receive second reading until the Liberals and the Conservatives speak to the bill. The Liberals are set to speak on April 19 and the Conservative are TBA, but we are watching this closely. Bill S-223 has had a HUGE amount of work put into its creation. It took a number of Department of Justice lawyers a few months of work to create this one – and that is very concerning.

We will be listening to the Liberal's statement on the bill, anxious to hear if their promise to not create a gun registry meant that it was okay to create an “inscription registry.” If this bill passes second reading, we go to war!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to get ready to bury the guns again.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom