Cookecity-bearclawbob's

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
ITS TRYING

Its trying to cloud up. The air is getting cooler out and the new snowman is still calling for some snow tonight and tomorrow. I'm headed out to do a two hour snow dance. For the future out look,by Thursday a high pressure ridge will come back over us,which will bring sun and above normal temperatures.

AVALANCHE REPORT FOR TODAY::: Things are looking up on the facet snow on the ground, they are strengthening. But becareful out, human triggering can still happen. So this means that the danger still remains at MODERATE on all slopes.

I've still have a few beacons left to sell. Call me to get prices or email me.

I've had a few people calling on the sleds, but I've still have the two M-8's. The dragon has been sold.

The motel still has the great special, we've been running all winter. Just say you saw it here.:d

Bob
Bearclaw Bob
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Snowman

I told the new snowman that if he doesn't make it snow, that he'll be melted in 10 days. The temps are looking to be back in the upper 30's to lower 40's for the next few days. We recieved a trace in town yesterday and the mountain recieved about 2-3 inches.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY::: Human triggered avalanches are possible. So the danger still remains at MODERATE.

The season is winding down early this year, which makes me sad.:( I'm so use to riding till June or even July. Mother nature has let us down this year. The conditions out on the mountain are like a super highway. Everything has been tracked up. The Top of the World still has fresh untracked area's, but the base isn't there. If you break thru the crust you'll find sugar snow under it. But at least it's fresh snow. You must have a trailer at the parking lot to get there.

Bob
Bearclaw Bob
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lets see! The snowman is calling for a slight chance of snow today and tonight. It will be a big surprise if it happens. The snow dances are getting slower and slower. For Monday thru the week, looking at mid 30's and partly sunny.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY:::Week layers closer to the snow surface are the primary concern and appear most sensitive on shaded north facing slopes with the best riding conditions. So we will keep the danger at MODERATE.

Deal of the week. If you are looking for a sled and maybe a buddie, you can pick up both M-8's for $5000.00 each.:d

The bakery is still doing very well, TERRI says thank you for your support.

Bob
Bearclaw Bob
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
SAD TO SAY

I'm sad to report that the weather has not cooperated, so the snow is slowly melting and the snowman is about gone. The weather doesn't show much in snow coming our way.
The Top of the World is still fairly good riding. So if you decide to come see us. You can ride the Top if you want, just remember to trailer your sleds up to where the snow starts.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY::: The wet snow avalanche danger will rise to CONSIDABLE by early afternoon. The dry avalanche danger remains at MODERATE on all slopes since its still possible to trigger slides.

I would like to pass on a great special that the super 8 will be running from March 26th to May 27th. We are offering rooms for $55.00 a night for two people if you stay 3 days or more. Just mention Wolf watchers package. I think the riding will last until the middle to end of April. So if you are one of the guys that likes to ride in the spring, come see us and enjoy the great savings we can offer you.:eek:

Don't forget about the HOG ROAST this coming weekend. It will be held at the Miners Saloon. I hope to see everyone there.:)

Bob
Bearclaw
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
WINDING DOWN

I hate to say it so early. But snowmobile seasons coming to an end. Except if your one of the die hards that love spring riding. I think that we'll be riding until the end of April or the first part of May.
I want to thank everyone that have been customers of ours at the Super 8 and Bearclaw Bobs/Bakery. We give you a HUGE THANK YOU. I hope to see you the next winter season. Look for the specials we will be running at both places.

We have a ridge of high pressure that has stalled over us, which will give us clear skies once again. The morning temps will be in the lower teens with the afternoon temps in the mid forties.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY:::: Human triggered avalanches are still possible so the danger will remain MODERATE.
While the wet snow avalanche danger will start out low in the morning, but will quickly rise to CONSIDERABLE on all slopes with direct exposure to the sun.

My next update will be for next weekend, unless thing start changing. I hope everyone has a great week.

Bob
Bearclaw Bob
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Sunny days

We picked up about 8 inches of fresh snow on the mountain yesterday. The melting snowman is calling for several storms coming in this week.

AVLANCHE REPORTS ARE DONE FOR THE SEASON::: But I'd still be careful.

Don't forget if you do come out to ride and want to stay at the
Super 8 motel. Tell them that you want the wolf watchers package. Its a really good deal. Call and find out about it and I'll even pay for the phone call. 1-877-338-2070 We also feature a huge continental breakfast. Its the only motel in town that offers that.

Hey guys, if your looking for a couple of M-8's I've got them. If you and a buddy want to buy both of them, you can pick them up for $5000.00 each.
Call 406-838-2040 or the motel.

Look for new and better things here at Bearclaw Bob's next winter season. The parts inventory will grow even bigger along with Accessories. The rentals will be awesome, from snowmobiles in the winter to ATV's in the summer.

Also look for a bigger menu at the bakery. The Breakfast burrito was the biggest hit this winter, followed by the biscuits and gravy. We will be doing dinners also. So if you have a party of 6 or more, get a hold of Terri. She'll be glad to do special dinners for you.

I want to thank every one that has supported us this winter season. I hope you have a wonderful summer. Please be safe what ever you have in store to do this summer.

Bob
Bearclaw Bob's
406-838-2040

Super 8 Motel
877-338-2070

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr once again, sorry for not posting on here. I had some guys come in and ask if I would start again, Of course I will. Here is the latest post from today. You'll see new ones each day.

The temps dipped down to 23 below this morning. The snowman promised a warming trend by the weekend. Course we've heard that. LOL But no snow for a few days also.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Around Cooke there was minimal avalanche activity with the new snow, but we know the recipe for avalanches is the same as elsewhere, soft slabs of snow capping a weak layer. For today, given the increasing winds and lots of snow available for loading, the dager is CONSIDERABLE on all wind-loaded slopes steeper than 35 degrees. All other slopes have a MODERATE danger.

Yesterday was again one of the better rides, still plenty of snow and untracked area's. But with the cold, it will start to settle and firm up.

Not much to report at the store, but remember if your looking for a great price on a room, call and get information at the SUPER 8.877-338-2070

From all of us at
Bearclaw
Super 8 motel

Cooke City Super 8

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hey BOB.... welcome back...

All healed up good as new again... our anual trip is on the canuck side of the border this year...

probably see you next year...:d

take care & play safe...

Ian

menzy

Reaction score
Awesome to see u back bob

As soon as we get out of north east British columbia we will be headed down that way. Looks like there will be 6 to 12 of us coming on short notice. Looking like first half of march sometime, haha stupid oil patch, can't plan anything. We have never been that way but have been to Colorodo and Revelstoke, all intermediate riders pretty much. Chances of untracked snow and accommodations that time of year is what? Possible a couple gents will be renting as well. Obviously better to book ahead and will try asap. Look forward to reading your posts everyday from here on in. Thanks

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Good to see you back in here, Bob. The BFRT team will be heading down March 2nd. We will come March 1st if the snow is too grand to pass up. Should be 10 or 11 guys and lots of Boones Farm. Looking forward to the warm floors of the Super 8 and the coffee and rolls at the bakery.

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Warmer

Sorry for not posting until now, I went to town and picked up a new espresso machine, the old one went down and wasn't worth fixing.

The weather this morning had warmed up to 6 above,with the temps in the mid to lower 20's. The snowman was calling for a 30% chance today and we saw flurries. For the next couple of days, we are going to see temps in the mid 20's and lows around 4 above. With a 20% chance of snow.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONSon't let your guard down because this layer of small facets can be found on specific slopes with wind loading.
For today the danger is rated MODERATE.

Bearclaw got another shipment of helmets in, the pricing is holding the same on them. We also got the ice scratcher and other good things.

The bakery's number 1 item this morning was the french toast, made with home-made bread. Yes its from scratch.:d

The Super 8 is still running the great special until the 17th of Feb. You must call and say you saw it on here.

Great to here from all of you, have a safe drive down.

From all of us at
Bearclaw406-838-2040
Super 8 motel 877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
WINDY

The snowman is calling for partly cloudy skies today, witht he temps moving up to the upper 20's. But the winds are going to be the worst factor. They will be coming from the west at 10-30 mph. Hang on to your helmets, when your on the ridge tops.

AVALANCHE CONDITONS: Today heightened avalanche conditions exist on terrain features having both wind-blown snow on top of a thin layer of weak facets and the danger is rated MODERATE.

I had guys come in yesterday and tell me I had misinformed them on the BREAKFAST BURITTO. They asked me to inform everyone that its the biggest one they had ever had. Yes its the NUMBER 1 seller again for the week.

If your looking for a great special, call the Super 8 and see what they are offering until the 17th of Feb. Look for other special after that.

From all of us at
Bearclaw 406-838-2040

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Windy again.

The snowman is calling for winds cranking out of the WSW at 30-40 mph with gusts reaching over 50mph in most mountain locations. The temps will be in the mid 20's to lower 30's today. Skies are cloudy with clearing by this evening, including the winds. We are looking at snow coming in Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

Yesterday was another awesome day of riding. Went out and found even more untracked snow, but today, I do have to stay around to work.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Today, the danger is rated CONSIDERABLE on all wind loaded slopes. Slopes that have not received a wind load have a MODERATE danger.

Barnett, thanks for the kind words you had to say. We at the Bearclaw and Super 8 wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you and everyone else that comes in or stays with us.

Stop in at Bearclaw bob's and check out the great saving on alot of items we carry.

Of course the World Famous Buritto made it to Number 1 again, followed by the French Toast. :d

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
MAYBE SNOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The snowman is looking for snow for our area, tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully we are going to see from 8-14 inches over the next 36 hours. The winds will finally die down by this afternoon.
The riding is OK, but let me tell you, that its hard from the winds and warmer temps. If its early enough, I'll let you know if it starts snowing tonight.

I had intensions of posting yesterday, but I woke up at 3 am and found we had NO power. Its was out until 1:30 pm. But we do have a generator that powers the Super 8 motel and Bearclaw. Boy we had a lot of business from the power outage.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: We have been fortunate that we have had NO fatal
tragedies so far this year. For today the slabs are getting harder to trigger, but it's still possible. The danger is rated MODERATE on all wind-loaded slopes. Slopes with out a wind-load have a LOW danger.

The town is going to be busy this weekend for Presidents weekend. The Snohawks are going to be in town. So say HI to them when you see them. They will be doing drags and you can stop by LULU and Round Lake trail and pick up a hot dog and watch the drags. The time is 11am on Saturday.

Bearclaw is getting a huge shipment of HELMETS and Goggles in, along with other great values.
We are also going to stock the Newest in rescue equipment, it should be in the middle of March. It's called the SPOT.

If your up early in the mornings, stop in to Bearclaw Bakery and get a free cup of coffee to wake you up. French toast and the breakfast Buritto tied. The Breakfast burger came in 3rd.:)

Don't forget about the HOG ROAST, put on by the MINERS SALOON. This event is March 18th and 19th.

See ya

Bearclaw
Super 8 Motel

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Woke up to fresh powder

The snowman was correct again, but I think the snow dance helped. We received 3-4 inches and they are calling for another 4 inches today and for Friday another 4 inches. We are going to see temps in the single digits at night. Snotel shows about 10 inches of fresh powder.:d

This should help the conditions on the mountain for the next few days. But remember what you climb, you MUST come down. The fresh snow will make you come down faster.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Today, dangerous conditions exist on all wind loaded slopes where the danger is CONSIDERABLE and human triggered avalanches are likely. On slopes without wind deposited snow, a careful evaluation of snow and terrain is still required and the avalanche danger on these slopes is MODERATE.

The bakery has been crazy the last few days. :dIts going to be a wild weekend. If you wake up early, come in and get a FREE cup of coffee.

Thanks from all of us at
Bearclaw 406-838-2040

Cooke City Super 8

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Bob, 10 of us from Eureka will be down March 2-6 to stay with you for our 5th anuall event, you wanna set aside friday or saturday to come out with us, we promise you'll see some wild stuff!!!!

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
SNOW,SNOW,SNOW

The snowman called for snow yesterday, but we didn't get any. But today, it started snowing about 8 a.m. and it's still lightly snowing. We've picked up about an inch so far. I've got a group of guys to help with the snow dance tonight. Lets see if that will work.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Today the conditions exist on all wind loaded slopes where the danger is rated CONSIDERABLE and human triggered avalanches are likely. On slopes without wind loading the danger is MODERATE.

The town is getting busy and its still snow, and yes you can get stuck.

Hope everyone has a great three day weekend.

From the crew at
Bearclaw
Super 8 motel

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
BELOW ZERO

Woke up to 4 below this morning with snow,getting into the mid teens. Snowman is telling us that he wants more snow to come in. So the rumor is 4-6 inches of the white fluffy stuff. YES its snowing lightly. By Monday we should see some sun.

Yesterday it was a good ride, at times it was hard to see, but its was well worth it. Had a couple of people get hurt, one with a back injury, the other had a few stitches in the chin.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Today, fresh snow and wind will make human triggered avalanches likely on all wind loaded slopes and slopes steeper than 35 degrees where the danger is rated CONSIDERABLE. Slopes less than 35 degrees that have not received a wind load have a MODERATE danger.

The frendh toast has been NUMBER 1, followed by the breakfast BURITTO:d

I hope everyone is having a great time on this 3 day weekend. Talked to alot of snowhawks guys, they report that they are having a great time riding.

From the crew at
Bearclaw and the Super 8 motel

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Colder again

Reporting from Cooke City, we are going to see sub-zero temps for the next few days. The snowman is calling for light snow also for the next 4 days. As I'm typing this, it has started to snow again. We've had light snow the last 8 days.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: With new snow falling on every one of the past 8 days and steady winds mostly from the W and SW, heightened avalanche conditions exist in typical wind loaded locations. For today the danger is rated MODERATE.

A few guys last week also tried to follow the snowhawks and found out they couldn't follow them thru the trees.

The riding has been great, with fresh powder each day. Its worth coming out for.

Thank you for the kind words to both Terri and I. If it wasn't for snowmobiles coming out. Cooke would be a GHOST TOWN.

The helmet sale continues, stop in and check them out. For all you guys needing NITROUS, I just got a fresh bottle in.

French Toast out sold the Breakfast buritto.

From the crew at
Bearclaw
Super 8 motel

Cooke City Super 8

Top Bottom