Cookecity-bearclawbob's

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
It was another chilly morning with the temps dipping down to 6 below.:mad: The snowman is looking at tomorrow for some snow. I won't give up, I won't give up the snow dance. :specool:The temps are going to warm up by the weekend.

AVALANCHE REPORT FOR TODAY::: Freshly formed wind slabs are usually easy to trigger, so the danger is still rated at CONSIDERALBE on all wind loaded slopes and MODERATE on all other terrain.

If anyone is looking for a good rental sleds, come in and check out what I have to sell in a couple of weeks. :snowmobilers_wave:

Stop in to the bearclaw bakery and get a free cup of coffee, its on us.:coffee_ani:

Bob
Bearclaw
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Its warmer this morning.:eek: Woke up to 1.4 below and the high will be in the mid 20's. The snowman is calling for snow today,but only a 30% chance. Then it goes to a 50% chance tonight.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY::: Well guys the avalanche danger went to MODERATE, but avalanches are still possible.

The helmet special has turned out to be the best thing at Bearclaw Bob's. But you should shop around town before you buy anything.:d

Bob
Bearclaw
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
It was a balmy 20 above and its been snowing on and off all morning. The snowman is calling for snow today, with sunny skies tomorrow and snow again on Saturday. The snow dance continues.:)

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY:::: The snowpack has not gained much strength. Instead it remains weak and lies waiting for the stress of new snow. For this reason human triggered avalanches remain possible. At this time the danger remains at MODERATE.

WoW was it busy at the shop today. Don't forget we sell the Wy. and Mt. riding permits.:cool:

Bob
Bearclaw Bob's
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338/-2040

Cooke City Super 8

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Thanks Bob! Put the snowdance into a full boggie:bluesbros:, the Boones Farm Race Team will be there Tuesday, Can you sneek off to ride with us one day? We're there till sunday!

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Have been really busy again today. Thanks to everyone.
The weather report was to be sunny today and it was. The chance of snow still remains the same for tomorrow. I'm asking for help with the snow dance. I think we need some more mind power to get it to snow here. We had approx. 6-8 inches of snow yesterday on the mountain.

AVALANCHE REPORT FOR TODAY:::: human triggered avalanches are possible and the danger is rated MODERATE.

The big breakfast was the hit of the morning, with the breakfast burrito coming in second.

The shop is still busy, remember I do welding from tig to mig. I've got race fuel if you need it.

Bob
Bearclaw bob
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
I'm really confused. The snowman was calling for snow, but we ended up with sun shine all day. My feet are getting tired of dancing, but I'll keep it up.
The snowman is still calling for snow tomorrow. The temp got up to 32 today.

AVALANCHE REPORT FOR TODAY::: Despite a lack of significant stress, weak layers in the snowpack have not gone away and human triggered avalanches remain possible. So the danger remains at MODERATE.

The Croissant special was the number 1 hit this morning, coming in second was B&G.

Well the Dragon received a broken wing today.

Bob
Bearclaw bob's
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
The snowman needs to go find a new job.:d The sun is coming up and its supposed to be snowing. I guess global cooling must be the reason, or is the goverment doing it. :eek:
The area around us is tracked up, but the top of the world isn't too bad. The only thing is, you will have to load your sled up on your trailer and haul it to the junction. The back trail doesn't have enough snow to run your sled on it.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY:::: Despite a lack of new snow, weak layers in the snowpack continue to hold the possibility of failing under the stress of a skier or rider and human triggered avalanches remain possible. So the danger remains at MODERATE.

The town had another busy weekend. Thanks to all of you that showed up to support us.

Don't forget about the special the Super 8 is running. Say you saw it here.

Bob
Bearclaw bob
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Woke up this morning with the temp at 8 above and clear. When I closed up shop it was cloudy and looking like it could start snowing. I'm looking for a replacement for the snowman.:rant: If you know of anyone that would be interested in the job, let me know. The snowman is still calling for a chance of snow today and tonight. With partly cloudy skies tomorrow, but chances of snow the rest of the week.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY::: The danger still remains at MODERATE.

Really no new news to report. The area is tracked up and needing snow. The Top of the World if you can get up there is ok.

The snow dance still continues for today.:eek:

Bob
Bearclaw bob
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Temp was 8.8 this morning, with the high in the upper 30's to lower 40's. Again the snowman is calling for a 40% chance for Thursday thru Saturday.
I've had a few resumes for the job of snowman, I'm still looking for a replacement.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY::: Given the persistent weak layers and recent avalanche activity, the danger continues to be rated MODERATE.

Thanks to all the Canadian's that have showed up in town.

Bob
Bearclaw bob's
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Made it back safe and sound from Cooke. Bogger and I had a great time at Bob's place (Super 8) and enjoyed all the hospitality. Thanks Bob!! :beer::d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
A few pics ... Bob's place and Bogger and Bob!! :beer::d:beer:

Attachments

• Cooke 006.jpg
    Cooke 006.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Cooke 005.jpg
    Cooke 005.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 95
  • Cooke 004.jpg
    Cooke 004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 93

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The snowman is getting scared, he doesn't want to get replaced. So he at least brought clouds into town this morning. The chance of snow increased 5 % more to 45%. So we'll wait and see what will happen.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY:::: Given weak layers and recent avalanche activity. The danger continues to be MODERATE.

Riders headed off to the top of the world today to ride. The snow is ok up there, but there isn't a bottom to it.

The HOG roast is March 20th at the Miners with a band. Come check it out.

Bogger has your shoulder doing?

Bob
Bearclaw bob's
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
CLEAR,CLEAR,CLEAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The snowman failed his commitment. The sun is headed out again today. The snow yesterday consisted of a few flurries. The chance of snow for today is 50% and 30% tonight. Clearing for Friday and Saturday. The snow remains the same. Crusty in the morning and getting soft by 11 am. We are seeing spring riding about 2 weeks early.

No bottom at the top of the world. But guys said it was ok. Just don't step off your sled or 'you'll be up to your nipples in sugar snow'. This was quoted by a sledder.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY::: Despite improved stability, the snowpack remains tricky and demands careful evaluation of stability and terrain. The danger still remains at MODERATE.

Bob
Bearclaw Bobs
406-838-2040

Super 8 Motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
SUNNY,CLOUDY,SUNNY,CLOUDY

The snowman can't make up his mind. One moment is sunny, the next its cloudy. He said we'd have several inches of snow last night. NOT. Woke up to no snow. Snowman is calling for 60% chance today and 30% tonight. Skies will be clearing off for Saturday.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY::: The weakest slopes are likely shaded ones with the best riding conditions where careful evaluations of stability and terrain are essential. So the danger remains at MODERATE.

Make sure you have your ice scratchers when you head out. You'll need them in the morning. If you don't have them, I can sell you the new SlideKicks. They are the ones you are able to back up with.

Bob
Bearclaw Bobs
406-838-2040

Super 8 Motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey bearclaw bob, keep up the good posts on the snow report, to bad there is no new snow. was there last week and cooke was packed everywhere, hard to find any powder.

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
SUNNY

The sun is out again.:rant: We did have a cloud bank come rolling in, but it was gone as fast as it came in. We will be seeing sun for the next couple of days. Then the snowman (HA HA) is saying snow back in the forecast.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY:::: If there is enough snow to ride, then there is enough snow to slide. Human triggered avalanches are possible, so the danger remains at MODERATE.

I will be selling off the two M-8's I have, get ahold of me if your looking for a good deal on a sled.:d

Don't forget about the special we are running at the Super 8 motel. Just say you saw it here.:d

The hog roast is coming up the 20th of March. It will be held at the Miners saloon.

I don't like to say, but the riding conditions aren't the best. With frozen trails in the morning, a person should have ice scratchers on. The top of the world is better.

Bob
Bearclaw Bob's
406-838-2040

Super 8 Motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Spring like weather has arrived. It was 11 above this morning. You know what that means. The road will have a good ice crust on it, so Ice Scratchers will be a must. The top of the world is good to ride. Its tracked up around the warming hut, but if you get away from it, you'll find some good riding. The snowman is showing a front coming in on Tuesday. The percentage is at 50.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY:::espite the fact we have not had a significant snowfall in quite some time, it is still possible to find the right conditions capable of producing an avalanche. Human triggered avalanches remain possible, so the danger remains at MODERATE.

If you're looking for a beacon, I will be selling my rental ones off in two weeks. Let me know if you are looking for one or two.

The bakery has had a great season and its still going strong.

Bob
Bearclaw Bob's
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of beacon and how much?I like to have a spair or for when friends ride my old sled,let me know. Thanks

cooke city-bearclawbob's

Reaction score
Partly Cloudy

We are going to see partly cloudy skies today, with a chance of rain in the afternoon. The snowman has been replaced with a NEW snowman and he is telling me that a storm will be moving in on Tuesday and it will continue Tuesday night. Time will tell how the new guy will do.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS FOR TODAY::: The warming of the sun is starting to stabilize the snow on the south and west facing slopes. But human triggering can still be caused. So the danger still remains at MODERATE.

I would like to thank all the new faces I've seen in town. If you're new or old faces, stop in and get a free cup of coffee, its on us. Mention you saw it here.:d

I've got two M-8's for sale if you're looking for a good used machine. :)

Along with that we have just a few beacons left to sell. They will come with a five year warranty. They are called Arva, you can see them at their web site. Nic-impax.com :)

DON'T FORGET that the Super 8 continues to run the great special we have had thru out the winter season.

Bob
Bearclaw Bob's
406-838-2040

Super 8 motel
877-338-2070

Cooke City Super 8

Top Bottom