Convince Me

Alberta Rhino

Reaction score
do the front ends still dive on these like they did on the xp or did they fix that problem? spent some time on a '12 xp and liked it, other than the fact that it always wanted to nose into the snow and dive to one side or the other and it also took a lot more effort to ride because of that.

Has this question been answered Got rid of m 2011 XP because of this. Is the XM that much better than the XP ?

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently ride a 10 M8 162. Love it but I was in Valemount a couple weeks ago and seen my cousins XM in action and was totally impressed. Always found that I had to work harder to ride the XP but the changes they made with the t-motion and flex-edge track have cured that issue for me. They pop up on the snow super easy and you can do stuff at super slow speed on the XM that I can't do on my M. I am a cat guy but if I was buyyin a new mountain sled today it would be the XM. Only rode one for 5 min. and I really liked it. That being said everyone is different.Try both sleds if u can and pick the one you like best. Both are good machines. Good luck. Hope this helps.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has this question been answered Got rid of m 2011 XP because of this. Is the XM that much better than the XP ?

I love my XM. By far the best sled I have ever rode. The front end still dives a little but not even close to what the xp's did. I also have my sway bar disconnected and shocks set at the softest setting. But these sleds are awesome. It outperforms my Polaris in every way. The way they get out of the snow and just keep going when you think they should be stuck is unbelievable. Very happy I made the switch.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my XM. By far the best sled I have ever rode. The front end still dives a little but not even close to what the xp's did. I also have my sway bar disconnected and shocks set at the softest setting. But these sleds are awesome. It outperforms my Polaris in every way. The way they get out of the snow and just keep going when you think they should be stuck is unbelievable. Very happy I made the switch.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comparing a 2012 XP vs 2013 XM how did they manage not to make the sled dive as much? Same track, rear skid (other than T-motion), bullkhead, front end with shocks, slightly different spindles... I think it's the skis more than anything, the DS over DS2. Cheap upgrade for XP guys...

The Pro does side hill better and doesn't trench as much. Just my observations riding a pro for two years with an XM... Everything else goes to the XM (other than poo being 40 lbs lighter). I'm on an XP that's setup like an XM...

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeeaaahhh thats a problem. I don't know anyone with one and I don't know when I will make it out west again to either rent one or demo one.

Last year while riding my XP 163 with Rene St Onge and Geoff Kyle out Eagles pass way and they were on 13 XM's Geoff a 154 Rene a 163 they slayed everything they looked at sick drops sick tech riding and climb like stupid. I rode my buddies 13 XM X 163 for about 5 mins getting it out of a jackpot, Took 60% less effort to ride than the XP. I snow checked a 163 XM Summit X and it is another homerun by BRP simply an amazing machine. Best sled I have ever rode hands down.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comparing a 2012 XP vs 2013 XM how did they manage not to make the sled dive as much? Same track, rear skid (other than T-motion), bullkhead, front end with shocks, slightly different spindles... I think it's the skis more than anything, the DS over DS2. Cheap upgrade for XP guys...

The Pro does side hill better and doesn't trench as much. Just my observations riding a pro for two years with an XM... Everything else goes to the XM (other than poo being 40 lbs lighter). I'm on an XP that's setup like an XM...

1509266_480580542051252_1064208301_n.jpg

Mtdgt

Reaction score
Whats your riding style, they are all similar depending on if your a trail rider or hill climber or boon docker?

Top Bottom