Converting UTM Coordinates

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be able to tell me what software I can use to convert UTM-11 NAD83 coordinates to Lat/Long? The following is from an avalanche report on the CAC website, but I am having a hard time trying to get it converted!:rant:

Coordinates: 304 897 (UTM-11 NAD1983)

Thanks in advance.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the rest of the coordinates? You need to Have the Northing and Easting..

IE: would be East 335206 North 5804087

Get me those and I will convert it for you, otherwise the mapping softwares are somewhat expense. But if you are wanting on to use always I could let ya know of a few I use

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, pretty short Northing and Easting there, also see if you can get a couple of the decimal places for it too if you want to be real close, only going three spots ilke you are is not going to be accurate at all. If you get the true coordinates and Link can't get it, PM me I have one of those expensive licensed programs that can do it.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that whoever gave the coordinates to the CAC didn't give them properly. I did some more research on the UTM and NAD83, and like you guys said, there should be way more digits that what was provided. The area is in Blue River, BC, and the avy was back in March 2008. Some call it Harley Heaven, others North Blue, and I was just curious where exactly the avy was in that area.

Top Bottom