Converting 08 snow flap to 09-10 snowflap

Platinuminjected

Reaction score
Hey everyone im new here and picked up a 08 m1000 and trying to put the newer style snowflap on i have the bumper and tail light aswell but do you guys know if the tunnel end cap from a 2010 will be a nice good fit for my 08 and where could i get said endcap? Thanks and ill drop by the noob section and introduce myself later :)

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I converted my 08 M8 and used a take off tunnel piece that someone had removed to go to a 163. I also got the flat cooler which you will also want to find. The tunnel will rivet right on then you need to shorten the edge rails and get the support brackets.

sheebansavage

Reaction score
Hey everyone im new here and picked up a 08 m1000 and trying to put the newer style snowflap on i have the bumper and tail light aswell but do you guys know if the tunnel end cap from a 2010 will be a nice good fit for my 08 and where could i get said endcap? Thanks and ill drop by the noob section and introduce myself later :)

Do a search on here for 09 tunnel conversion. There are many options. Like mentioned, you will need to buy the end cap, 09 cooler or flatten yours, cut the rail edge and weld on the gussets. There is a bit of work involved. Searching will give you tonnes of answer and with pics.

Cheers

Top Bottom