Contribution to the Sicamous area

SnoRiders

Reaction score
Website
www.snoriderswest.com
Hello, who would you say has the biggest impact on the snowmobile scene in the Sicamous area? Someone who dedicates their time to keeping riding areas open, showing people around and promoting the sport.

Suggestions? Let's hear em!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know Sicamous that well but Tex78 just moved there and took me out for a ride Sunday.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like Rene St Onge stayed at his place a few times, great guy and rides like he has wings.

prairegopher

Reaction score
x 2 Rene St Onge, Great guide, knows the areas around Sicamous extremly well, and there is no better place to stay than at Eagle Valley Lodge, secure parking, hot tub, pool table, poker room, heated shop just in case, been staying there and having Rene guide are group for the past few years, he always finds the fresh and no traffic.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jason from extreme powersports...

New guy in town , bought macs motors , opened a rental , retail shop , and a b and b kind of thing.

Helped all summer to build the eagles cabin , cut wood for the area cabins ect...

Big help from what I have heard. Stand up guy too.

Mabe more help than rene is as to the club.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

craig3972

Reaction score
x3 for Rene. he nagged me for years to try sledding, we only came out in the summer to wakeboard. Now I come out from Calgary almost every weekend to enjoy the Sicky pow. I bring many friends with me too (this xmas will be 15 in total coming to sled). Lets me use his shop when my stuff is broke down. Good buys on the right equipment. sled rental for my non-owning buds.

Another great guy is Jason Ribi - good guy, super helpful with instruction and area information.

Trevor at Macs - I am gonna miss him, he has been a great help to me and our friends on many occasions - he worked late at night on my sled so I can ride the next day!

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are we talking average Joes, maybe club members or paid guiding operations SnoRider?

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
The hardest working guy keeping sledding organized and moving forward in Sicamous is the Society Manager, Gord Bushell! Between managing the grooming/collecting staff, working with logging companies on a daily basis, communicating with the Government departments related to the back country, talking with elected officials from local to Provincial to Federal levels ensuring continued access, raising funds through sponsorships and advertising..... well he is a busy guy - and in his spare time he arranged to get a cabin built in the rugged Eagle Pass area over the past few months! If you see Gord - be sure and give him a pat on the back - that is if you can catch up to him!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gord for sure. He deffinetly has dedicated a lot of time to the club and making sure all the riders are taken care of.

sent from a top secret location

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Trail Pass Collectors although at the bottom the corporate heap they are the upfront of the whole organization and in Sicamous they go out of the way.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pick Tex after the comments he made on McBride site about how he should not have to worry how he drives on the local hi-ways in mountain areas that locals live in

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pick Tex after the comments he made on McBride site about how he should not have to worry how he drives on the local hi-ways in mountain areas that locals live in

Nice one. Have u read it lately...

On a side note. Helped out yesterday at the eagles cabin. Spent 4 hours , insulated the walls , vapor barrier , and sheeted with what plywood we had. Most of the inside is done now.

Jason from extreme was there again , so was Gord.

I had hoped Rene would be there too.
Bet he had a busy weekend and all.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice one. Have u read it lately...

On a side note. Helped out yesterday at the eagles cabin. Spent 4 hours , insulated the walls , vapor barrier , and sheeted with what plywood we had. Most of the inside is done now.

Jason from extreme was there again , so was Gord.

I had hoped Rene would be there too.
Bet he had a busy weekend and all.

I went and read that thread because of your comment. You didn't make too many friends over there. lol

I didn't understand the meaning of the comment "I had hoped Rene would be there too.
Bet he had a busy weekend and all" Was he supposed to be there or something??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To help. Seeing as he use's it a lot. Figured he would be the first in line to help.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of supporters that work quietly behind the scenes for the club. Trevor and Leanne Cox from Mac's Machine are a local couple that are always there for us.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jason from extreme powersports...

New guy in town , bought macs motors , opened a rental , retail shop , and a b and b kind of thing.

Helped all summer to build the eagles cabin , cut wood for the area cabins ect...

Big help from what I have heard. Stand up guy too.

Mabe more help than rene is as to the club.

Where is the B&B?? Did he "Buy" Sundogs old site?

xpsledneck

Reaction score
Gord for sure he puts in a tone of time in and has busted his butt to get a new groomer build a cabin at eagles and still working hard to groom new trails between owl head and blue lake.

Top Bottom