compression

98670X

Reaction score
Got my dealer to do a comp test while it was in there 100 psi a side said that was normal with the 2010 head/update

98670X

Reaction score
thats what i said " seems a little low ". He said thats what the 10s are....... not sure if i believe him now that i think about it.
Hey could a couple you guys with 2010s take a compression test?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i said " seems a little low ". He said thats what the 10s are....... not sure if i believe him now that i think about it.
Hey could a couple you guys with 2010s take a compression test?

go to your dealer that did the compression test and get them to order you 2 cans of compression (one for each cylinder).....or fix it!

98670X

Reaction score
Mag side LOL ,Top half is good, skirt got a couple scratches in her
Picture 005.jpg

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 Dragon 800 had 125psi on each hole with the 2010 update.The PTO piston had light scoring on the exhaust side.I installed the Fix kit and then had 135psi with the update cyl head.I now have the Polaris original head on it and now the compression is 155psi.I had the dealer re-flash my ECM back to the original 08 fuel map.Rode it twice at the end of last season and it ran good with no detonation

98670X

Reaction score
I brought the sled to the dealer today after i emailed him some pics. The scars are very light and almost cant feel them but still hope they dont tell me to pick it up without doing anything. Tick Tick Tick Tick BOOM. I dont wanna ride with that in the back of my head.
If they decide to rebuild it im going to see if they will install the fix kit if i pay the extra money on it. Doubt they will but ill try.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Compression testers seem to vary quite a bit I have three different ones and the one that reads the highest is a cheap-o that I bought from princess auto. The other two are snap-on and read 20 pounds different! Best to monitor with a single gauge.

Top Bottom