Commander C All terrain Equipment

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have knowledge on Commander C Heavy Duty terra-tired carriers - looking for info on yearly maintenance costs/running costs?

Thanks............Al

Attachments

• comc_01t.jpg
    comc_01t.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 245

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When I moved rigs with D&D they had Marcep build the first one. 1.2 mil was the cost I do believe. They run two now. Very nice machine when needed :d They run the old detroits (8-92) and when I was there (2yrs) they ran pretty much trouble free. This helps when using a good operator and truck push. When the sows couldn't move the buggies were called in. I think the rate was 6-700/hr with operator and swamper. I would almost say they were cheaper to maintain and operate than the big beds. But the beds are used alot more.

Attachments

• 092108 009.jpg
    092108 009.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 092108 010.jpg
    092108 010.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 221

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the going rate not closer to $800 an hour? The price hasn't come down - they are still 1.2 million.

I have heard to budget 10-15% for yearly maintenance - does that sound about right? Major service due around 2000 hours and cost about 12 thousand I believe. Tires $8,000 a piece - any other info would be appreciated. Cheers Al

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
humm i didn't know they were gone they were a big company someone must of bought them out:d

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheesh the trucking companies have change so many times now you would think they were a pair of dirty underwear....lol. Still a few familiar names around: B&R Eckels, Swanburgs, H&E, K&C. Did RT Kos get bought out this summer?

B&R Eckels are always good at wrecking shyt i.e: dropped Partner's 1 doghouse last winter hard enough that lights were no longer hanging from the roof. Next move the driver hauling the companyman's shack was pretty clueless and shook the shack off his lowboy.

When I was drilling on PD 385 Swanburgs flopped the sub and derrick on it's side winter of 2001. The old girl rode that adventure out pretty good and just need 3 sub panels replaced. Fall of '03 K&C dropped the sub from the roll on the lowboy. Sling broke as driver went to suck the load up and onto the deck. Enough damage done there that we had a week of repairs to do and a derrick inspection. Mastco got her all fixed up.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Precision 385, The Rock ? Or the one with the Ukrainian push ? Carl ?

Swanburg layed over Lornes's rig PD....325 ? Too many years,too many rigs.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Precision 385, The Rock ? Or the one with the Ukrainian push ? Carl ?

Swanburg layed over Lornes's rig PD....325 ? Too many years,too many rigs.

I left 385 late summer of '04 and Art Vanvolkenburg was pushing it when I last saw it back in spring of '06. Heard a rumor of lately that it is crewed mostly by the "Rock".

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least 10 to 15% maintance. We just finished doing Clark Power shift for D & D well and it was up there in price for just small patch repair and dyno test. Your biggest expence will be the transmission and planteries. If your looking buying used let me know we can always run it through the shop and complete inspection on the unit.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at new depending on delivery schedule - most of the reconditioned stuff is mid eighties and not reliable enough for what we are looking at.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheesh the trucking companies have change so many times now you would think they were a pair of dirty underwear....lol. Still a few familiar names around: B&R Eckels, Swanburgs, H&E, K&C. Did RT Kos get bought out this summer?

Artie is firing up again-ATK-atkoilfield.com (although website does not appear to be working???)
TransForce aka Kos Oilfield Hauling is still running too.

Playing in the deep mud today. Thankfully a fairly easy fix!
:)

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 103

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bed trucks can get pretty big too W/front drive axles

157.jpg

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fingers crossed - may need 7 of these - will know within a few weeks. In the meantime if you guys know of anyone that have newer Commander C units for sale please pm me.

Top Bottom