coming out april 3-7, where to ride?

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I am coming out with the family april 3-7, I have never rode this part of BC before . the wife and I have rode lots in the mountains, the boys have never been to the hills but are capable riders, so am looking for a little direction on areas to ride that we will be able to get into. i am pulling 4 place enclosed, so parking access is kind of a concern also, though it looks like there will still be snow down low for while yet. I appreciate any info, maybe see some of you out there.

kabcan

Reaction score
Hey we will be there that time too! My Hubby has been there before I have not! I've only ever been to Valemount and Golden. I'd like to here some info too!

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucille and bell mountains are close to town with tons of area to park. Renshaw has a 28 or so km trail to the cabin and is a very scenic ride. All 3 mountains will be good to take the family as all 3 are groomed.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Forecast looks like the snow is not stopping anytime soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About four inches on my hot tub this morning when I got up. Will put a picture in McBride Conditions when it gets lighter outside.

The Rockies (Renshaw) side of the valley has been getting more snow than the Cariboos (Belle and Lucille) all winter. All three areas have good sledding, but Renshaw definitely has the best snow.

Only 11 km to the cabins at Belle and Lucille. If you are new to the mountains, best to start with Belle. Its a really nice riding area where you can't into much trouble. Lucille is another good area for sledding and there are some areas there that require a little more skill.

Renshaw is 34 km to the cabin. Cabin area is always tracked out first. Explore out from there to find the best snow. All skill levels can find areas to enjoy up Renshaw. There are area maps posted in the cabins and there are free info / map brochures available around town (gas station, train station, spindrift, my house).

Have a great trip.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe another good question to ask would be how old are your boys? What kind of riding are you looking for? Are you wanting just a couple leisurely days of putzing about seeing new terrain and maybe learning some new skills? If you're going to be out there for 4 days, why not try all 3 hills and choose your own favorite?

Judy & Barry at Mountain Haven are a wealth of information, as are Clint & Glenn at Spindrift, no matter where you go in town someone will point you to someone there that can tell you the places to go, and the places to stay the heck out of. McBride truly has a welcoming attitude towards snowmobilers as they know what we bring to their economy!

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
appreciate all the feedback so far, boys are 13 and 16, both ride 800 machines, looking for places with a little of everything, I like to do the hill thing, wife likes the wide open spaces, the one boy is a maniac and the other is pretty casual. basically just looking for areas that will keep us busy for a day at time, not something with limited riding area once you get there. more than likely we will ride multiple areas over the 3 days. I just don't want to go to an area that a guy has to do some major sidehilling or hill climbing just to get into.

Top Bottom