Cold seize

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I agree, if that's the full story, then it doesn't sound like cold sieze....... Maybe poor fuel!!! Water in the fuel, etc??? If they don't warranty, you might have to pull the tank and fully drain it and see if there's any water in it, and maybe have fuel tested?

I suspect the dealer will step up for warranty, though!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This in no way sounds like a cold sieze. Bad fuel or other engine failure more likely. Bad fuel should have kicked in the knock sensor. Motor sputter or not want to rev out before it cratered? Hope dealer is not a weasel and covers on warranty.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Says he had a code 21 which the dealer told him was bad fuel and not to worry about it........ There is his in !!!!! Dealer instructed him it was okay to drive ....... Bad gas from the manufacturer or from the dealer........... Now it will get messy!!!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but it has the 4 corner score, classic cold seize sign might be tough to pull warrenty with that regardless of any other issues he had. good luck

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Says he had a code 21 which the dealer told him was bad fuel and not to worry about it........ There is his in !!!!! Dealer instructed him it was okay to drive ....... Bad gas from the manufacturer or from the dealer........... Now it will get messy!!!!

Friiicken Ric, just tryina stick it to the man!

OKAY - Here's the scoop: PWOOD, sorry if you didn't hear this from Mark - he did leave a message. Mark spoke to Arctic Cat - and pulled every string we had left, and it is going to be 100% covered by Arctic Cat warranty! I'm sure once we tear down, replace and send parts back to them they will be able to tell us a bit more about why this happened.

=)

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friiicken Ric, just tryina stick it to the man!

OKAY - Here's the scoop: PWOOD, sorry if you didn't hear this from Mark - he did leave a message. Mark spoke to Arctic Cat - and pulled every string we had left, and it is going to be 100% covered by Arctic Cat warranty! I'm sure once we tear down, replace and send parts back to them they will be able to tell us a bit more about why this happened.

=)

You guys (and girls) rock. I'm buying my next sled from T N T.:specool:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
friiicken ric, just tryina stick it to the man!

Okay - here's the scoop: Pwood, sorry if you didn't hear this from mark - he did leave a message. Mark spoke to arctic cat - and pulled every string we had left, and it is going to be 100% covered by arctic cat warranty! I'm sure once we tear down, replace and send parts back to them they will be able to tell us a bit more about why this happened.

=)

but i'm so goooood at diagnosing. That's what i doo. Nobody said it was at your store...... At least kitty is looking after it. Thanks

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You guys (and girls) rock. I'm buying my next sled from T N T.:specool:

I would as well, but apparently they just pulled every last string, works out great in this case but if there are no more strings to pull all is lost......:confused:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would as well, but apparently they just pulled every last string, works out great in this case but if there are no more strings to pull all is lost......:confused:

Oh Bogger, there is always a string left to pull! Considering we sell as many Cats as we do!

I really meant the last string for a little while! LOL

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but it has the 4 corner score, classic cold seize sign might be tough to pull warrenty with that regardless of any other issues he had. good luck

thats now always the case in a cold seize, could be a heat seize as well.
4corner scoreing is the cause in both seizing. never the less it needs a top end.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

oh,,,mister diagnostic......if it had bad fuel and wasnt running, then how could it cold sieze, all 4 corners on both pistons.....lol....just busting ur chops ric... as earlier mentioned... need the whole story,...didnt hear anything about the trip to the gas station and the 6" of powder...but it doesnt matter now, as it will be covered.

As dealers we dont have any little men inside the engine, and can only take the information given, and the information supplied from the manufacturer as well as our techs. experience and diagnose possible failures based on our findings and the info we receive. This is why it is so important regardless of the situation to tell your dealer the whole story the first time. I may be covered by the manufacturer, however if it reoccurs, due to lack of or misinformation.... everyone loses..

and no ric im not questioning your abilities you already know that i highly respect you and your skills... we just need to ensure we ALL have ALL the info before coming to a conclusion.

just my two bits for the record...

Terry

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YUP, I AGREE....... ONCE WE SAW THE REST OF THE STORY, IT CHANGED THINGS A LITTLE........ YOU DA MAN TERRY @ TTP.........SOMETHING WASN'T MAKING SENSE WITH WHAT HE ORIGINALLY STATED.....
LET US ALL KNOW WHAT KAT SAYS ABOUT THE ENGINE, AS I SUSPECT YOU HAVE TO SEND THE PARTS IN RIGHT? MISINFORMATION IS ONE OF THE LEADING CULPRITS OF FAILURES, AND NOT THE VEHICLE IN QUESTION, ITSELF.:beer::d

thepwood

Reaction score
Thats great that it will be fixed under warranty, I am still very impressed with T & T. Still got a bad taste in my mouth about the sled tho. Needing a new engine after 50 or so km's. I ran into this with a 2003 800 xcsp. Just about every time I rode it I did the engine. Made me a pretty good mechanic tho. Ha Ha. Its funny. you don't see people babying a chainsaw and they last for a long time and they are always at 100% work load.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thats great that it will be fixed under warranty, I am still very impressed with T & T. Still got a bad taste in my mouth about the sled tho. Needing a new engine after 50 or so km's. I ran into this with a 2003 800 xcsp. Just about every time I rode it I did the engine. Made me a pretty good mechanic tho. Ha Ha. Its funny. you don't see people babying a chainsaw and they last for a long time and they are always at 100% work load.

Pretty tough to ride a chainsaw.........Just sayin......:d:d:d

Sorry...I'm pickin up what your layin down....just couldn't resist...

thepwood

Reaction score
YUP, I AGREE....... ONCE WE SAW THE REST OF THE STORY, IT CHANGED THINGS A LITTLE........ YOU DA MAN TERRY @ TTP.........SOMETHING WASN'T MAKING SENSE WITH WHAT HE ORIGINALLY STATED.....
LET US ALL KNOW WHAT KAT SAYS ABOUT THE ENGINE, AS I SUSPECT YOU HAVE TO SEND THE PARTS IN RIGHT? MISINFORMATION IS ONE OF THE LEADING CULPRITS OF FAILURES, AND NOT THE VEHICLE IN QUESTION, ITSELF.:beer::d

The same operator (me)put 3000 km's on a 2006 FST switchback, In the mountains and around home. every machine I own Is warmed up before it moves. I drove that sled hard with no problems. Same goes for my wife's m8, most of the km's were from me. with no issues on that one either. I dont appreciate being called a liar. every piece of information I put in this post was the truth.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the same operator (me)put 3000 km's on a 2006 fst switchback, in the mountains and around home. Every machine i own is warmed up before it moves. I drove that sled hard with no problems. Same goes for my wife's m8, most of the km's were from me. With no issues on that one either. I dont appreciate being called a liar. Every piece of information i put in this post was the truth.

oooops, sorry, if you thought i ever called anyone a liar, and i never did, and never intentionally applied that...... I just like to look at all angles before i try to make any decisions. Mostly if you thought i was, i was only playin' with ya...... I'm glad that kat is taking care of the sled under warranty. For all you know, it may have happened right at arctic cat, when they produced the sled, and some young flunky having a bad day, gave it an improper rev immediately after assembly........ You never know.

Top Bottom