Coffee Pot

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails aren't for playing on, they lead to the play areas but the weekend warriors have a hard time understanding this concept. If we trench the trail going in, we stop, get the shovels out and fix it so that it will set up and be good to go for the trip out or the next day. Not so with everybody and the respect for the trail seems to be getting less and less.

This is where I don't think all "weekend warriors" should be painted with the same brush. Yea, there are a lot of "tools" (quoted from above) that abuse trails, but not all Albertans are poachers and trail abusers. As somebody else mentioned, it's all for everybody but I think teaching others is key. Lets face it, people are stupid these days so they have to be told, or mentioned to respect the trails and the terrain.

I know I'm always shocked when I used to go out and the people who showed up in the same area, but the internet provides us with a good platform to teach proper ways. Some learn. Many don't, but it'll always be that way.

Lastly, how can we expect much when most people can't even do enough information searching or preparation to protect themselves? You don't have to take avi courses to gain AST1 avy knowledge. People are just lazy and stupid for the most part.

Help the good guys, and try to teach the bad ones.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For starters brewer creek is a great spot but has some avy dangers me and oler set off a tiny guy last year but enough to get your heart going! as for secret spots yes we like to give out certain areas but like stated on here when someone spends hours or days punching trail into an area they have scouted out and researched for themseleves to have a stash then that is there thing! I know I personnally have quite a few "secret spots" in the flathead valley that NO ONE goes into because you gotta go through some nasty country to get to it but once in well worth it! dont get upset for people not telling there information but some areas arent meant to have a ton of people all i can say about "secret spots" is when you see a truck parked on the side of the road and a track into the middle of nowere it's usually a "secret spot" ooops I said to much!

Top Bottom