skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those without the face books......

eb582ae5eafe0dfdfe0776f266860011.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters at all in this situation, but should any of you ever find yourself stuck or see a situation involving someone stuck at a crossing, there is almost always a number to call on the crossing signs which directs you to the Rail Traffic Control center for that area. There is normally a number on the sign or a name of a local siding or mile markers, its not worth taking a chance over, make the call, ensure there is no traffic inbound and then get unstuck.

This is oblivious only helpful if you have cell service and time to make the call but the controller can get a hold of the train crew to inform them of issues ahead.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters at all in this situation, but should any of you ever find yourself stuck or see a situation involving someone stuck at a crossing, there is almost always a number to call on the crossing signs which directs you to the Rail Traffic Control center for that area. There is normally a number on the sign or a name of a local siding or mile markers, its not worth taking a chance over, make the call, ensure there is no traffic inbound and then get unstuck.

This is oblivious only helpful if you have cell service and time to make the call but the controller can get a hold of the train crew to inform them of issues ahead.

Now, that is a useful post. I did not know this.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay in Sask on the flat land. Winter tires and 2wd never.

Sounds like a guy who’s never had full winters with ice picks on a pickup. I smashed a guard rail a few years ago going to revy had winter tires on before I got home. it’s 100 times better than the mud and snow tires I had on when I went into the guard rail. When u drive a pick up with full winters on it I hope u think back to this inexperienced comment. As for roads in SK they are way worse than one would think we get mild weather for a few days with some rain then it’s minus 30 for a month.

DooDoo

Reaction score
Ya I bet CN would love to see the video.....trying to beat a train at the crossing....truck owner not so much. Would his insurance even cover his personal losses for being negligent?

CN has their own video. All units have a forward facing camera.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive stayed there, great place, but those trains roll by often and every time we crossed those track we took a good look. It is a 90 coming out onto the tracks and if you take it to tight you will swing your trailer right into that bank.

Glad everyone is ok.

Top Bottom