Clutching mods

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wondering about the adjustment levels in the 09 summit clutches. I am going to be riding at about 9500 to 11500 feet and was wondering if i have enough adjustment in my stock clutch or if i need new parts?:confused: I talked to the dealer and he was no real help he told me i would be fine any where. Just dont want to get there and find out the opposite.

Thanks

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pins are hollow with 1 short set-screw in each one. I believe the high-alt guys are taking this set-screw out.

King

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty high. where you going to get that high? if you haven't done any clutch mods on the primary before, go to your dealer and get a clutch pulling tool and a set of button holders. When you go to pull the primary off take a small propane torch and heat the shaft between the 2 plates a little. Then screw in your clutch tool all the way and when it gets really tight tap the end of the tool with a hammer and turn it again and it should pop right off. Then back your tool out of your primary about half way, turn it upside down and bang the end of the clutch tool on the cement floor and your clutch will pop apart giving you access to change the weights.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92C7CZuHe2I[/media] amazing videos that will show u everything u need to know about how take a clutch apart. Im a newbie to clutches and after watching these vids it was a breeze. There are 4 vids make sure to watch them all to see removal, dis-assembly, re-assembly and re-installation. Not sure about your elevation though ... Iv always gone where my clickers can adjust the rpm right to where it needs to be

*I am done taking my sled to a dealer and having them rip me off and do shotty work, do everything yourself is fun and you learn alot, not to mention a whole heck of a lot cheaper !!*

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am heading to colorado with a buddy to Chris Burandts tour. he gave me the elevations they are at. Thanks for the info guys!

Top Bottom