Clutching mods for new 800 Assault

Assaulted

Reaction score
Ideas? Who makes the best aftermarket weights, etc.?

Sled is new and I plan to keep it stock other than some recommended clutching mods.

dschwindt

Reaction score
SLP is making a kit now. I too am looking to pep mine up a bit with a clutch kit. I have never changed a clutch kit and am looking to do this my self if possible. I also have the 11 Assault. Any tips would be appreciated.

Assaulted

Reaction score
Had been thinking about going turbo but am 90% sure I am going the clutch, mild engine mod (SLP pipe, PCV, etc) and look for weight reduction to increase performance.

Will be calling SLP in the new year but woiuld like to hear from anyone who has added the new pipe, etc. to their 2011 Pro.

ElectroTech

Reaction score
Secondary is best left to someone with a press tool as the spring is a mofo to compress, or get a couple of large friends to help.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP pipe setup is not out yet, my guess would be around mid-Jan., very few aftermarket companies got their hands on production sleds ahead of time as they were being "tweeked" right up to the roll off the line date.

Clutch kits are not that hard to do, if you have had your clutches appart for maintainence this will be really easy for you. most kits consist of a "custom" (numbers ground off) helix, spring for primary and secondary, a set of matched weights, and possibly a derlin or two.

One thing is wait to get your kit until you add the power adders you want such as a pipe or a head, you want to match the weight/setup to the power you are going to have in the end, otherwise you will have a kit that needs updating or a second set of weights, etc.

Right now the stock clutching is REALLY good to start with, you really won't see THAT much improvement over stock but I do know you will see some setups that will generate less heat. I would have my money on both SLP's setup for wieghts (usually the MTX) or Carl's Cycle setup (Bellybuster weights I think?).

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After a couple rides i think the sled is over helixed. iam gunna try a straight 40. never been a fan of multi angled helix"s

Top Bottom