clutching help please for 2009 m8

stuffed squid

Reaction score
i am very inexperenced in the whole clutching aspect.any info will greatly be apprecated. i have a 2009 m8 sno pro. its completly stock. so it has 73'0 g weights, yellow/white primary and orange secondary.correct me if i'm wrong... i used it at sea level last year.never noticed what the rpms were. plan on doing a few things to it this season. have a rk tek kit ordered,plan on a d&d y pipe with jaws can. just wondering if i should change the weights to the 77.0 g for the lower elevation?? and what spring combo would work for me?? and with the different color codes for the springs what effects does the higher pre loads have on the clutching? if you up the pre load do you add more weight?? what does this do to rpms??

Shortcut

Reaction score
Definately change to a heavier weight at the lower elevations. If you ride elsewhere you may want to look into a set of heel clickers as they are easy to change weight ranges for different elevations. Talk to your dealer in regards to the springs. Some will give you a wicked hole shot, you may also want to look at changing your helix. Hope this helps.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the orange/white primary orange secondary with a s/a and 44/36 dalton helix,running 70g cat weights and pull 8000 rpm in mcbride 2-8000 ft
and it rips,this is a ported rkt bb but your rpm should be around 78-7900 for best pull,also contact glen @spindrift he knows how to clutch these kitties pretty good especialy for mcbride area

WHATDAFOOK

Reaction score
Don't change any clutching until you've done your mods..You have to see what rpm you are at after the mods are done before you clutch it...Also clutching depends on what you want to do with the sled...re:boondock,hillclimb,race..whatever...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't change any clutching until you've done your mods..You have to see what rpm you are at after the mods are done before you clutch it...Also clutching depends on what you want to do with the sled...re:boondock,hillclimb,race..whatever...

Yep to that ^^^ and also keep in mind that you might have to re-gear if you re-clutch for your type of riding. Most of the time the two of them go hand in hand.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 09 hcr m8 and a pull 73gs in the hills and 77's at 2200ft at home...
i run the dalton 46/36 progressive cut helix.. works awesome..
stock springs

Top Bottom