clutching advice for jaws single pipe.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I installed jaws single pipe on my 16' axys 800 with 155 3" track.

I have a 120-340 primary spring for little higher finish, otherwise stock clutching (eg. 64gr weights).

I only hit 8100 rpm in the mountains and Jaws recommends 8400.

Any experience with this pipe and what are you running? I hear about so many that are adding weight..i don't want to start dropping weight.

Also, I fouled a plug by day 2.

any thoughts?

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that primary spring and stock weights you should be turning 8500-8600 with the stock pipe. Assuming the spring and helix are stock. How old is the secondary spring?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Jaws recommend a fuel controller with it? Adding some more finish force on the primary spring will gain rpm too. 10# equates to 200 rpm IIRC.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock secondary spring and stock helix. All original as far as I am aware.

The primary spring as an extra 20# finish already...strange. No fuel controller required.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helix and secondary spring should be changed. Having said that, some people are getting away with just adding a couple of grams to the stock clutching. More fun in changing helix and springs.

make sure you have the proper elevation pipe also as there are different versions.

Correct, no fuel controller is required. However, the 2016 has the leaner mapping and some guys are running 91 non ethanol gas but with the sled in ethanol mode.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for the record guys, if you bolt on a pipe and you lose RPM there is an issue. Now amount of secondary clutching is gunna change that or make it better. You might be able to compensate for the RPM lose but you are just masking the issue.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know Chrisco. Thanks.

luckily didn't lose any RPM… just didn't gain like I was told I would.

Last edited:

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you buy the pipe new? Hopefully you can find someone who rides a lot close to sea level to buy it off you so you can buy the appropriate pipe.

Top Bottom