clutch weights

boots1031

Reaction score
I was just wondering how a sled would perform if it was set up with clutch weights that are 4-6 grams less weight than it should be set up with.. would the sled have less midrange power, less torque off the line.. fall flat on top end?? and vice versa what would happen if you set up with too much clutch weight

boots1031

Reaction score
k.. that's what I figured.. I was just wondering because I just changed the weights on my pro rmk 800 to team rooster weights.. and I found that my sled had 10-62 which is for 6000-8000ft, and where I live in low elevation I would require to be running 10-68 weights. I had started a thread last year complaining about a flat spot from mid to top where it seemed like the power just dropped off.. I guess I found my problem i'll be visiting my dealer asking for an explanation why my sled had the incorrect weights for this elevation

snowrider87

Reaction score
k.. that's what I figured.. I was just wondering because I just changed the weights on my pro rmk 800 to team rooster weights.. and I found that my sled had 10-62 which is for 6000-8000ft, and where I live in low elevation I would require to be running 10-68 weights. I had started a thread last year complaining about a flat spot from mid to top where it seemed like the power just dropped off.. I guess I found my problem i'll be visiting my dealer asking for an explanation why my sled had the incorrect weights for this elevation

Stock weights in pros are 10-62 so that's normal for them to be in there but if u run it like that your rpm will be really high

I am currently running 10-66 in my 2013 pro at 650m (2200 ft)

It revs 8400 WOT I need to put in 10-68 to make the sled run ideal based on elevation

Sent from my iPhone using

boots1031

Reaction score
I'm aware that the 10-62 are factory settings.. aren't dealers suppose to go over the sleds that come in and adjust for the elevation in the area.. when I bought the sled they told me that it will take 6hrs before I can pick it up so they can go over it.. I also asked if it was set up for the elevation in this area which apparently in wasn't.

snowrider87

Reaction score
Well when I bought my sled this year from the dealer they didn't do much to the sled at all they never ever cleaned the dirt off of it

But yes usually the dealer should go through the sled properly.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my sled they left the stock weights in. They told me which weights I should run though.... If they told you that 62s are the right weights for the prairies, they should know better because that's not right.

boots1031

Reaction score
Im more pissed that the sled didn't have the right weights, and no one told me what it had when I bought it.. If I would have known I would have changed the weights last year since I knew it didn't feel right mid-top range.. felt like it just fell flat.. I assuming that it was still in break in mode.. but now I now it wasn't clutched right.. it will be good to go now.. loaded it up to 72 grams with the rooster weights cant wait to try the sled out

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should have done a walk around. And explained it then.

I do think its bs it comes with 62g. Not hard to ship it with the weight its being delivered at.

I bought mds weights cause they work awesome and saves me buying weights stock for home and the hills and then having to buy new weights if i add more hp to the motor.

Dont feel bad. My brother in law went out west with his big bad 1000 summit so he thought and left it set for 1500 ft and was running at 6000-8000 lol.

Dustine

Reaction score
I have 2013 pro rmk and at 7000ft pulling on hard snow and very steep with stock 62g in would only get 8000rpm should I lighten up?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should pull 62's at 7000, I pull that up to 8500. You might need to change the helix/spring in you secondary to gain the extra 150rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock weights in pros are 10-62 so that's normal for them to be in there but if u run it like that your rpm will be really high

I am currently running 10-66 in my 2013 pro at 650m (2200 ft)

It revs 8400 WOT I need to put in 10-68 to make the sled run ideal based on elevation

Yup, I run 67.7 in my adjustables at 2200' for ~8150rpm. I added a high comp. head and gained 250rpm so adding another 2g I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom