Clutch Tools

uninc...

Reaction score
Where could a guy pick up a clutch puller for tra 7 in Edmonton? Tried the water thing a bunch of times, wasn't working out.
Thanks

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
water trick is the best way to go. You will end up breaking the puller in the crank end. Tip sled on its side and fill clutch hole with water, tape the clutch bolt with 20 wraps of teflon pipe sealing tape. Very gently insert past rubber dampner and screw into clutch. It should tighten up right away, then gently put wrench on it while holding primary. Wait for the BANG

uninc...

Reaction score
Yeah I did that about 10 times, didn't seem to be working really. I thought puller would be easier.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
you can doo the water trick with a puller too, same kinda thing, and you should be able to go to Martin's east just north of whitemud east of 50th street, closer to you in sherwood park to get a puller.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
don't use the clutch bolt to remove the clutch you need a puller or just a bolt with the right size threads to fit the clutch.fill the clutch with water oil grease any fluid and use the bolt.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the water trick. Screw the bolt in tight. Pull sled outside for a couple hours. When the water freezes it will pop the clutch off. But you need a regular bolt to use and not the one that normally holds the clutch on.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the water trick is by far the easiest way ,tip sled on its side,fill completely with water no need for oil or grease ,wrap the teflon tape on the bolt as if you were tighting it,make sure u have enough so that it barely fits threw the hole n primary n tighten it up ,get ready for the bang...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 things............

water trick is the only way. however one time i was experiencing similar luck that you are having. 10+ times and it would not work. turned out it was the crappy tape i was using from princess auto. switched to a good brand name tape from canadian tire and BOOM first try.

also if your clutch hasnt been off for a while stand off to the side. i took one clutch off from a 2008 last year that hadnt ever been off and it came flying off rather violently. went all the way across the shop. usually they just make a loud bang and stay put.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used the clutch bolt/hydraulic method many times, it works fine. The puller/hydraulic seems to work better as it displaces more water. Use a small impact or driver, if the water does leak past the tape it will still usually pop if it isn't leaking by too fast. Pops before the puller gets to the crank.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also with the water trick. ... I couldn't get it to work well when tightening the bolt by hand. Put an impact gun on it. Off first try.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom