clutch question?

AC4life

Reaction score
Have a 2008 KQ 750. Just bought 29.5 outlaws. Just wondering what im gonna have to do to my clutch to run them with no issues. Thnks. :beer:

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With your set up the yellow secondary spring, the 2 mm. shim mod and drill your weights down to 17 - 18 grams should work good.
You could also look into getting the primary clutch shieve machined.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yellow springs are for 26-27" tires. you will need the lime green spring and 16 gram weights or drill they. That means press out the steel weight out of the nylon sleeve then with a digital scale, weigh them, I cant remember the drill bit size. Some one on here my have the chart for the drill bits sizes for you to be able to get to the weight you desire. Shims will not be needed for the lime green spring. Good luck and if you find the chart would you please post it thanks.

Cranes10

Reaction score
yellow springs are for 26-27" tires. you will need the lime green spring and 16 gram weights or drill they. That means press out the steel weight out of the nylon sleeve then with a digital scale, weigh them, I cant remember the drill bit size. Some one on here my have the chart for the drill bits sizes for you to be able to get to the weight you desire. Shims will not be needed for the lime green spring. Good luck and if you find the chart would you please post it thanks.

Good post, I am doing my clutch work in a week or two on my 2008 king quad

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run with a machined clutch shieve? I believe it is called the coop45 3+ mod.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

some of the epi mudder kits come with the yellow spring.

ive had no complaints out of my yellow yet, defiantly more low end grab than the dalton, there is more than a few on highlifter running the yellow but id get the lime green maximum belt grip, only down side is it takes a while to drop rpms while on the trails .

and do the shim mod, you dont need top speed with 29.5

AC4life

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Does a guy just order the lime green spring in from a suzuki dealer? Any idea what it costs?
I looked around for the chart for drilling the weights down and could not find one, if anyone else knows where to find this info plz post on here. thnks.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the drill chart can be found on nyroc.com witch is a good site for quad repairs and how too's don't for get to thank your friends and good luck

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Thanks for the help guys. Does a guy just order the lime green spring in from a suzuki dealer? Any idea what it costs?
I looked around for the chart for drilling the weights down and could not find one, if anyone else knows where to find this info plz post on here. thnks.

The epi springs can be bought from any dealer/aftermarket supplier that deals w kimpex, the lime and yellow secondary springs go for about 30 bux, but ur gonna need a secondary spring compressor to get the spring installed.

The shims are from yamaha(90201-222F0) >5 mm shim, any yammy dealer can get these. U'll need 3 or 4 of those shims to do ur primary mod(coop45).

I've done sum drilling on two sets of weights but just need to find a scale to finalize the exact weight.
I have a yellow in stock. and have a green spring on order.
We are a suzuki atv dealer and i have done tons of clutches on kings.
Evanol recreational products (306) 664-3984(shawn) if u have any questions.
Were located in saskatoon,sk.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nyroc has tech tips for the shim mod
.5mm part # 90201-222F0-00
1mm part # 90201-225A4-00 these are from yamaha
you will be lucky to get 2mm worth of shims on as you need 2mm gap left on shaft to lock the primary clutch in as I said Nyroc or you tube has this in detail, You tube has a video for a lot of these mods and more. Good luck

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 29.5 outlaws on my king 700 and ran the highlifter extreme clutch kit from epi and it worked great with the yellow spring and 1.5mm shims. I'm going to put 29.5 on my old ladys king and am going to just drill out the weights and keep the yellow spring that I already have in it with the 27 to 28 inch kit. I think the only difference is the weights from the mudder kit and maybee the wet clutch springs for the stall that my mudder kit had. I hope it works as good as the highlifter kit did for me. I couldn't fit 2mm shims either so when you order them order two .5mm shims and one 1mm shim incase so you can run 1.5mm. Some will work with 2 and some won't.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how heavy are your weights now and what are you looking for when you drill them out, weight wise. Fat tire said his stock weight was about 22 grams if you drill it out with 6/32 bit 4 holes you get 20 grams, if you drill out 15/64 4 holes 19.6 grams and 17/64 4 holes 18.8 grams and if you use a combination 4 holes at 7/64 and 4 15/64 you will end up with 16.4 grams take your pic of the poison you are seeking. Don't damage the plastic on the out side as they are expensive. The steel sleeve that is in side is what has to be drilled and you need a digital scale. Ask fat tire for more help and good luck.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have to find the local drug dealer and borrow his scale and measure mine that came with the kit but I think 16 grams is what the mudder kit come with. That's what I'm going to try and acheive by drilling them out.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have to find the local drug dealer and borrow his scale and measure mine that came with the kit but I think 16 grams is what the mudder kit come with. That's what I'm going to try and acheive by drilling them out.

i asked a local drug dealerto borrow his scale and, i ended up scrapin n sniffin his scale,lol
Im just gonna go buy one, now i gotta convince the boss to give me the shop visa and off to the hemp shop i go. cant wait to see his face when i ask to go and but a scale for the shop.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can change the springs in the wet clutch also, I did and what a difference it made. The springs are a stall spring kit and you need higher rev's to get them to work and I have 2mm shim that work great as they work as a brake going down hill even in high gear and a yellow spring with 27" tires.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My highlifter kit had a great stall for the the 29.5 outlaws but the kit I bought for my other king came with wet clutch springs but not as big of a stall. I would like to get just the stall springs does anyone know where I could do that.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My highlifter kit had a great stall for the the 29.5 outlaws but the kit I bought for my other king came with wet clutch springs but not as big of a stall. I would like to get just the stall springs does anyone know where I could do that.

I'm on it, i'll chek my books........( cue the old school batman music)

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might find what you are looking for online shopping at Royaldistributing.com or ask munhoez he may be able to help you out

Top Bottom