clutch problems

greekkobasa

Reaction score
I have a 1982 kawasaki kdx 175cc when i pull in the clutch then release it, it goes into gear but doesn't fully engage. It feels like your holding the clutch halfway in but your not. I messed around with the clutch cable but it doesn't seem to make a difference. What could it be?

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
its your clutch plates worn and welded together. They need replaced. It is a fairly easy job and not too expensive.

Yep thats ^^^^^^ most likey it.
When bikes stand over time the fibre and metal clutch plates fuse together. Take of the engine cover, pull the clutch apart and soak the fibre plates in oil over night (or replace if worn) you should be good to go.
you might want to take your cables of make little cups at the end with putty hang them up and fill the cups with oil..............that will ensure your cables are 'free' and not binding.

Good Luck!!

Waxy

Reaction score
I have a 1982 kawasaki kdx 175cc when i pull in the clutch then release it, it goes into gear but doesn't fully engage. It feels like your holding the clutch halfway in but your not. I messed around with the clutch cable but it doesn't seem to make a difference. What could it be?

Your plates are worn out or fused together and they're slipping.

It's time for a new clutch.

Do it right away and hopefully the basket will be OK, if it is, all you need are plates and springs, it shouldn't be too bad in terms of cost. If the basket is notched or worn, that will add some $$$ to the bottom line.

It's easy to do yourself though.

Waxy

ON EDIT: LOL, is there an echo in here???? :D:D

Top Bottom