73.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 140.JPG
    140.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 64

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me know what you think
Yep your fixed plate is pooched. the only way this happened is as stated above ,the primary was tightened onto the belt creating a "false torque". It eventually worked loose and spun the fixed plate on the splines. Your lucky.... a fixed plate is cheap.An AC belt is going to run you about $230 though.

mudbug

Reaction score
I'm am just curious you said you ride in low most of the time and the one statement you made is that you were going down the road doing 30. Is that in low if you were you would have over heated the belt and blew it. The other thing is when you blew your belt the first time did you make sure your air intake was cleaned out for the belt housing I know from past experiance that when you blow belts it ends up in the air exhuast and it will also over heat.
As for clutch shims you don't need them you probably just need a clutch alingnment if it's out an1/8 it will destroy your belt as well.

Buchanan

Reaction score
Let me clear this up. most of the time when i am in the woods i have the trans in low. but both times i blew the belt i was in high gear. I all of the intake parts off and made sure they were free of anything that would cause the belt not to get air and stay cool.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you don't know what you're doing, you're best to have someone that does, fix it for you. Otherwise it's going to drain your wallet.

Good luck!

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doorfx is right that is garbage, no teeth no go, get a new one or get a good used one if money is tight Munhoez helped me out he works at a recycling yard with good used parts. contact him if money is tight. Then before you put it back together watch the film on the previous page how to put it back together properly and we will see you out and about, good luck.

Top Bottom