Clutch kits for Grizzly 700......

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After installing a EPI clutch kit in a friends Grizz 700, along with other goodies, Finally took it for a chew and was disappointed in the response. I heard lots of good reviews on how well they pull after all the aftermarket accessories are installed and after everything was installed the quad had less pull than when it was stock. Turns out that the dealer sold my friend the high altitude kit. Well ripped everything out and put in the proper kit for the elevation that he normally rides and.... shazam...... GOT LIFT-OFF!!!! WOW, what a differance. So to thoughs of you installing the EPI clutch kit double check that its the right one and it will save you time and money....

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was the new one a utility type..i want for mine but still unsure??:beer:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was the new one a utility type..i want for mine but still unsure??:beer:

EPI make two types. Both are what they call "sport" kits but one is for low altitude and the other is for higher altitude from approx. 3000 to 6000 ft. The only differance in the kits is the rollers. IMO, i would go with the kit, it does make a differance and they are not that hard to install....

Robins

Reaction score
I've been told that the clutch kit takes some time to install. Did you take any pictures? Can you tell me how long it took you and what special tools i'll need?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was about the same time wise as Koby. The instruction are pretty good, but they don't mention that the big nut on the wet clutch is reverse thread. Keep that in mind....... Oh yah, there is a seal/ gasket on the backside of the belt/clutch housing... not part of the kit so make sure you pick one up...

Top Bottom