Clutch Kit

bowhunter

Reaction score
I have a 07 Grizz 700 and was wondering if a clutch kit is a do it yourself over a few beers in the garage project or a take it to yuor local dealer kinda thing. Thanks for the help.

grizzly se

Reaction score
I had no problem with my clutch kit, except the new spring that has to be installed. I had to put it in the vice and compress it tight and wrap it with 4 heavy tie straps to hold it and install it. Once installed I just cut and pulled them out. The proper spring tool was to much for a one time deal.:beer::beer:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 Grizz 700 and was wondering if a clutch kit is a do it yourself over a few beers in the garage project or a take it to yuor local dealer kinda thing. Thanks for the help.
Pulled clutch apart. 26" XTR's. Was gunna do Nyrocs shim job but found my weights to have flat spots. 2000km. NOT HAPPY...Talked to Dale at Dalton and he suggested I buy the weights for a 07 660 because they have better material on the outside of the weight and will last much longer. So that's what's happin now and I ordered new weights and I will rework the new Grizz weights for my tires. No need to change spring in 07 700 as it is an upgrade from the 660. Did lots of research and sounds like the way to go. Should be a good upgrade. Pretty simple job to do on you own. Good Luck....

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did my Clutch job at my house. just take your time. i used pliers to carefully take off the inner springs and put the new ones on. make sure you get a new gasket for the inner housing cuz you might wreak your old one getting it off.

and i used some clamps to take off the main spring just 2 clamps had a friend turn one i turned the other and we squeezed it down and removed/ installed like that. I do like the zip tie idea above. but the clamps were pretty easy as well.

i guess the main idea is to pay a lot of attention to what your doing and make sure everything goes back as it went off ..

and mostly just take your time don't get into a rush and it will be ok.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends what kind of beers ya drink?:beer::d:beer::d:beer::d:beer: i think for the most part there ok but if you have to change the internal springs its abit tough

T.

personally i just push it through the back shop door and presto chango its done.... just a perk

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
naw the springs are really not that tough. like i said .. if you take your time and pay attention to everything your doing lol it should be alright. i never found any of it really difficult. the hardest part would have been taking the big spring on the 2ndary. i had help with that but then again i also didn't have the tool for it.

Top Bottom