closest mx tracks to edmonton

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're kind of a diamond in the ruff.. you can check them out on facebook. Wild Bills Motorsports Park. Located near St. Francis (by Genesee)

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your willing to drive 2, 2 1/2 hours to Lloydminster throw me a PM and we will go to Gopherback Raceway, it aint too shabby lots of jumps of different elevation and distances. home of the widowmaker!!

Lis O

Reaction score
Hey guys- thanks for the input on BUMP. If you have any more thoughts, send them my way as we do take them in to consideration, good and bad, and we genuinely appreciate feedback. We do have 2 full quarter sections without any trees down (and have had that clear & open since 2008), so maybe you weren't accessing all of the trails? It can get a bit confusing, and yes a lot of our 40+ km of trails are single track as we use them for sanctioned CMRC harescramble events.

The Frank Track (mx) has only been open 1 year as of the May Long Weekend- and we did major changes to it prior to opening day (April 2). We also have the addition of my namesake track for ladies/beginners only as of August 29 2009, which has been more popular than I ever thought it would be already! Even the pros that come out have loved it.

LadyDirt - if you're having issues getting over trees/obstacles, we do offer Ladies Only Clinics starting in June with an exceptionally talented and high profile rider, Frank Barry. He's a former nationally ranked CMRC mx pro, as well as being pro carded for CMA & CMRC off-road without having to compete at any of the lower levels, and an ice racing champion (we were on Discovery Channel in March).

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys- thanks for the input on BUMP. If you have any more thoughts, send them my way as we do take them in to consideration, good and bad, and we genuinely appreciate feedback. We do have 2 full quarter sections without any trees down (and have had that clear & open since 2008), so maybe you weren't accessing all of the trails? It can get a bit confusing, and yes a lot of our 40+ km of trails are single track as we use them for sanctioned CMRC harescramble events.

The Frank Track (mx) has only been open 1 year as of the May Long Weekend- and we did major changes to it prior to opening day (April 2). We also have the addition of my namesake track for ladies/beginners only as of August 29 2009, which has been more popular than I ever thought it would be already! Even the pros that come out have loved it.

LadyDirt - if you're having issues getting over trees/obstacles, we do offer Ladies Only Clinics starting in June with an exceptionally talented and high profile rider, Frank Barry. He's a former nationally ranked CMRC mx pro, as well as being pro carded for CMA & CMRC off-road without having to compete at any of the lower levels, and an ice racing champion (we were on Discovery Channel in March).

the only thing I didnt like about bump is the fallen trees.

Lis O

Reaction score
Then you're in luck. Trail clearning is starting this week for the May 29/30 race, including new trails.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alix Alberta, Extreme Raceways Moto-x Track, its a CMRC sanctioned track really nice and really well maintained, also great for all type riders

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a little information about the Antler Lake track. I have been looking online and all I can find is directions and that the AOT are having a race there. When is it open? Is it open to anyone to ride?

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a little information about the Antler Lake track. I have been looking online and all I can find is directions and that the AOT are having a race there. When is it open? Is it open to anyone to ride?

This is the most amazing track ive ridden. Elevation changes, massive jumps that arent intimidating at all cause they are VERY "came up short" friendly, and extremely well maintained.

This track is open 3 times per year. It is a race-only track that is NOT open to the public. If you want to ride here, you have to race one of the OT (old Timers) events.

I would (and do) gladly pay the clubs membership fee, and race there just so I can ride that amazing piece of art.

It's too bad they dont hold practice days on that track.

dirtracer

Reaction score
:nono:SuperDaves is a joke....he keeps trying to tell everyone how great it is but he does not have the equipment or know how. I've been there several times and keep hoping it is going to be better but it is just worse. He acts like it is a privlege for you to ride his track. No buddy I just paid you $20 bucks, it's a privilege for you to recieve money for that thing/track. He wants you to say it is great but it's not.

Get someone that knows how to run a real dozer to at least get it right. I wanted this place to succeed but it will go belly up if real changes don't happen.

For 20-30 bucks go to St Francis/BUMP/Castrol/Alix(thats "classic" motocross)Blackfoot is $20 too:

1. Poorly groomed
2. bad drainage
3. Weird kiddie jumps that are relatively unsafe with way too short of take offs
4. Weird/short whoop section
5. Hard pack
6. 1 line

zedlips

Reaction score
:nono:SuperDaves is a joke....he keeps trying to tell everyone how great it is but he does not have the equipment or know how. I've been there several times and keep hoping it is going to be better but it is just worse. He acts like it is a privlege for you to ride his track. No buddy I just paid you $20 bucks, it's a privilege for you to recieve money for that thing/track. He wants you to say it is great but it's not.

Get someone that knows how to run a real dozer to at least get it right. I wanted this place to succeed but it will go belly up if real changes don't happen.

For 20-30 bucks go to St Francis/BUMP/Castrol/Alix(thats "classic" motocross)Blackfoot is $20 too:

1. Poorly groomed
2. bad drainage
3. Weird kiddie jumps that are relatively unsafe with way too short of take offs
4. Weird/short whoop section
5. Hard pack
6. 1 line

:rant: I have to agree Super Daves wasn't groomed once in the summer of 2010, it was like riding on polished concrete. My money is going to BUMP this season. :rant:

Mkozjak

Reaction score
hey does anyone know if Super Daves is open yet? and me and my dad at gonna be racing in the AOTMX races but we would like to get some seat time in before on a track. we arent registered or members with AOTMX, but will be at the next race on JUNE 8/9. is there any tracks that we can practice on until then or are we screwed till we register and become members?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont race any more, But my favorite tracks in AB are Blackfoot, Drumheller(blackfoot owns this track too)

and #1 Alix.

I lived out by the Alix track for years, volunteered alot of time out there. It came along way since 2002 when Greg started it and has alot of sponsors now. He really started with a good quarter section. I love the hills,, Its totally Epic Moto X,,, like Glen Helen or Lake Elsinore...ext Its worth the drive,, alot of Motox tracks in Ab are a joke....

Top Bottom