Clemina Cabin Funding Drive. Have you name forever engraved in the new cabin

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Some of you may have received the news that we are planning construction of a new cabin in the Clemina Creek area to be completed during the summer of 2014. This is likely the largest endeavour VARDA has completed without the support of grant revenue. We have been saving for this project for some time and we are extremely happy to be able to offer this new facility to our users, even if the build date has been delayed (see note below).

Many have asked how to help with this project and as we are aiming to fully support the local community and purchase all supplies local, donations are being accepted to help fund the construction of this facility. If you wish to help out and contribute, cheques can be sent to VARDA, Box 721 Valemount BC, V0E 2Z0 or you can also use Paypal to varda@valemount.ca

All donors will be recognized on a permanent plaque in the cabin in one of two categories. "Treeline" for anything under $1000 and "Alpine" for anything over. No amount is too small, so please support the construction of this amazing new facility.

This is one of our largest projects to date and we are extremely excited. It means a huge deal to sledding in Valemount! If you have any questions about any of this information, please contact me anytime.

Sincerely,

Attachments

• Cabin JPEG.jpg
    Cabin JPEG.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 1,320
Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT

As our approvals were received late in the season for this new shelter construction, we are unfortunately unable to find an available contractor team to complete the build before the snow flies.

We are sorry to say that construction of this new shelter will be delayed until Summer of 2014

We will be contacting the small group whom have already contributed to the cabin build although we will likely continue the funding drive throughout the winter season to prepare for a full on build next summer.

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
IMPORTANT

As our approvals were received late in the season for this new shelter construction, we are unfortunately unable to find an available contractor team to complete the build before the snow flies.

We are sorry to say that construction of this new shelter will be delayed until Summer of 2014

We will be contacting the small group whom have already contributed to the cabin build although we will likely continue the funding drive throughout the winter season to prepare for a full on build next summer.

Well that sucks...........I'll talk to you at one of the sled shows. fs

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT

That does suck. But I think I speak for a few people on here when I say that ain't going to stop us from coming to vale to go sledding! Man I need to go sledding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

less01

Reaction score
Yes a new cabin would have being nice,with all the work you guys put in and the drive you have curtis iam sure you will get there.We will ride there New or old cabin because of the riding and the treament we get in town,its top shelf thanks.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We are very pleased to say the contract for the construction of the Clemina Creek shelter has been awarded and we WILL have a new facility in there for the upcoming snow season! .

We are super stoked to be able to provide this upgrade to our riders.

As mentioned in the original post, many people and businesses have asked how to help/contribute with this project and due to a significantly higher than expected cost, all help is greatly appreciated.

If you wish to help out and contribute, cheques can be sent to VARDA, Box 721 Valemount BC, V0E 2Z0 or you can also use Paypal to info@ridevalemount.com

All donors will be recognized on a permanent plaque in the cabin in one of two categories. "Treeline" for anything under $1000 and "Alpine" for anything over. No amount is too small, so please support the construction of this amazing new facility and become a part of its history.

We will also be needing galvanized railing for the deck and an interior drying rack system for around our stove. Should anyone have ideas and the welding skills to put this together for us, this would also be recognized on the Contributor Plaque.

An alpine cleanup and cabin work B will likely be scheduled for mid to late September to fill the basement with a seasons supply of firewood and to clean up any garbage left within the accessible riding area. Exact dates for this are TBD, so stay tuned by following our facebook page at www.facebook.com/ridevalemount.

This is one of our largest projects to date and we are extremely excited. It means a huge deal to sledding in Valemount! If you have any questions about any of this information, please contact me anytime.

Have a great summer!

Curtis

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day at the site yesterday. The project is coming along nicely.

Attachments

• DSC_0031_800x530.JPG
    DSC_0031_800x530.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC_0019_800x530.JPG
    DSC_0019_800x530.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 631
  • DSC_0005_800x530.JPG
    DSC_0005_800x530.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 643

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks good Curtis. Snow and Mud may have to buck up for some cash to help you out. Good Job to you and your volunteers and crew

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Its been a while since my last update of the new Clemina Shelter so I thought I would post up a few recent photos.

Thank you to all whom have help us out by providing supplies or donating directly to this project, it is awesome and truly appreciated.

If anyone cares to contribute, donations can be mailed to VARDA box 721 Valemount BC voe2zo or they can sent via paypal or etransfer to info@ridevalemount.comDonors will be recognized on plaques in the cabin for the life of the structure. Treeline (under 1000) and Alpine (1000 and over) please email me if you have any more questions and I would be happy to help

Attachments

• !cid_08DD7260-2F5C-4CE0-A29F-E58C9877FFF9@telus.jpg
    !cid_08DD7260-2F5C-4CE0-A29F-E58C9877FFF9@telus.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 552
  • !cid_87C32D95-0ED4-4394-86DF-0ABCB707250D@telus.jpg
    !cid_87C32D95-0ED4-4394-86DF-0ABCB707250D@telus.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 558
  • !cid_B2015288-FFFD-412C-B9DE-9B8530312F47@telus.jpg
    !cid_B2015288-FFFD-412C-B9DE-9B8530312F47@telus.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 552

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of the finished product? The family is pretty excited to come check it out in the very near future. Thanks to everyone that helped out with this project and made it possible, our family will definitely appreciate it during a long days ride!

Top Bottom