Clearly Lasik

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ol lady had it done @ lasik last spring, no problems, says she wished she would have done it sooner. not "cheap" but it's still worth it, plus i got to make fun of her wearing her nice glasses she had to wear after surgery:cool:

smash

Reaction score
I had mine done last year. I went to mitchell eye center in Calgary He is one of the original doctors and he does every surgery himself. Dr. Mitchell was a little more expensive but he was very thorough. this surgery is something I would do my homework on and it is no time to be bargain shopping

I have heard stories of people getting their eyes inspected one day and surgery the next with no medical history or anything. scarry situation

my surgery went well and yes it was the best money I ever spent.

Ezeridr

Reaction score
Just had mine done last week by Clearly Lasik. 3400.00 was the cost for both eyes. Now have 20-15 vision. Total of two minutes to do both eyes. Had 20-15 vision by the next morning. No pain during the treatment, a little uncomfortable. Eyes are excellent now, money well spent. You can do it cheaper if the blade method is used to cut the flap; 400.00 /eye less and the custom job is not done. I to was near sighted.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they talk about the pain or the dry eyes? My glasses go on and come off really fast!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
In a couple hours I will either be blind or have perfect vision...wish me luck;)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm sure it will be fine Mike.
bubbles.jpg

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I am considering getting Laser eye surgery. Anyone else has had good or bad experience ? I heard that some laser shops are better for people over 40 yrs old (know the issues better). All the laser eye shops claim " they are the best !" - I am not sure how to weed out the hype and find the best quality without over paying :confused::confused::confused:

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I am considering getting Laser eye surgery. Anyone else has had good or bad experience ? I heard that some laser shops are better for people over 40 yrs old (know the issues better). All the laser eye shops claim " they are the best !" - I am not sure how to weed out the hype and find the best quality without over paying :confused::confused::confused:

both polcat and i had the surgery done at Clearly Lasik at different times with Dr. King. the day of surgery, polcat could have driven home - he had no problems and he's glad he doesn't wear glasses anymore (doesn't interfer with helmets for sledding/quadding). i had the surgery done, but because i had extreme astigmatism in my right eye, it has taken a lot longer for the swelling to go down. the only other problem that i have is that phantom feeling of glasses sitting on my nose and wanting to push them up. Should also mentioned that i went to Lasik MD and they were a lot more expensive than Clearly Lasik, and if you have insurance (work) check into it to see if it is covered, as Clearly Lasik will bill your company directly.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both polcat and i had the surgery done at Clearly Lasik at different times with Dr. King. the day of surgery, polcat could have driven home - he had no problems and he's glad he doesn't wear glasses anymore (doesn't interfer with helmets for sledding/quadding). i had the surgery done, but because i had extreme astigmatism in my right eye, it has taken a lot longer for the swelling to go down. the only other problem that i have is that phantom feeling of glasses sitting on my nose and wanting to push them up. Should also mentioned that i went to Lasik MD and they were a lot more expensive than Clearly Lasik, and if you have insurance (work) check into it to see if it is covered, as Clearly Lasik will bill your company directly.

any issues with dry eyes ( long after surgery - like months after surgery) ?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I was wondering about it when you have astigmatism, I drive for a living so can't be down for long. How long untill you were good to drive? Contacts work ok for me for sledding but indoors, dusty or in a vehicle with the heat on I only last about an hour and have to get them out.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was wondering about it when you have astigmatism, I drive for a living so can't be down for long. How long untill you were good to drive? Contacts work ok for me for sledding but indoors, dusty or in a vehicle with the heat on I only last about an hour and have to get them out.

i had to go for the next day check up and she gave me the good to go driving letter which i took in to the registry and had glasses removed off the license - however, it took me a long time to drive at night without seeing halos. again, everyone is different, so you may or may not have trouble seeing at night

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my eyeballs fixed in 2000....best mod I ever did to my sled/quad.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and i had it done about 7 years ago, and we both wish we had it done when we were kids....only drawback is i have lost close-up vision and have to use reading glasses to read the "bargain finder"(print is just a little too small)...... But i can see an acorn on a tree 200 yards away, lol.

Um that's probably not due to eye surgery that's more of an age thing

Technobee

Reaction score
Ok, I was at the point of requiring bi-focals(ick!!!). Went to Gimbel- they did numerous tests(no charge)-took a couple of hours- but they were thorough. Answered any and all questions, told me what surgery I qualified for.

If you are unsure- take the time and go see both Gimbel and Lasik or whoever- see who makes you feel the most comfortable. that is who should perform your surgery- money should not be the deciding factor.

cost 3600 for both- have 20-15 perfect for sleddin, quaddin', life!!!and by the way totally tax deductible-!!!!!

grizzlydave

Reaction score
I had mine done in 2003 at the gimble, my eyes were -8.25 and -8.0 with astigmatism, it cost me $4566 after it was all said and done, i was back to work 4 days after the surgery. My wife had hers done in 2007 she was not a blind as me but still pretty bad . hers was only $3500 at the lasik clinic downtown edmonton. we both agree it was some of the best money we had ever spent. and with the cost of glasses and lenses it pays for itself in the long run.

Top Bottom