Clearly Lasik

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Talked to the girl at the booth at sled show.I hate wearing glasses.Who has had this done?Good experience?Bad experience?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the girl at the booth at sled show.I hate wearing glasses.Who has had this done?Good experience?Bad experience?

Both my wife and i had it done 2 years ago at Lasik MD. some of the best money i ever spent.

steveo

Reaction score
My brother in-law got it done and he had pop bottles bottom for glasses and now he does not need any glasses. He said he wished he would of done it years ago.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gimbel told me my cornea's are too thin and I'll need Implanted Corrective Lenses (ICL) ..... $8000. I was thinking of getting LasikMD to see what they think as well.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it work for both near and far sighted people? Want to get rid of the glassesand can't get contacts in.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also spent about 20 mins yakkin with the gals at the lasik booth... on my wifes behalf. She really needs this done. Not cheap by any means :rolleyes: For my wifes' perscription, it starts at 2 g's per eye and probably more apparently. Thats a lot of cash that could be put towards some great weekends with the boys bustin Pow! :d I think she'll be stickin with the contacts and chronic dry eye syndrome for a few more years :(

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wife and i had it done about 7 years ago, and we both wish we had it done when we were kids....only drawback is i have lost close-up vision and have to use reading glasses to read the "bargain finder"(print is just a little too small)...... But i can see an acorn on a tree 200 yards away, lol.

gusto

Reaction score
So what you guys are saying its only good for near sighted peeps???

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So on average, what would it cost for both eyes? What have heard or had done? Thanks

On average $2000. My aunt had it done for $250/eye, but most people I know of (which is about 8 including my wife and I) are around the $2000 for both eyes and insurance.

wide_open

Reaction score
I had it done while trying out for the RCMP in April 2004, and it was the best thing I have ever spent my money on. It was $1600 and I got it done at Gimbel in Edmonton. Never had any issues after healing.

I had to have PRK though instead of Lasik due to the shape of my cornea. Let me tell you when that freezing came out, I have never experienced pain like that in my life. However it goes away in a few hours, and is totally worth it. I was driving a week later and had perfect vision 10 days later. Lasik is a lot quicker healing, but it all depends on your eyes.

But highly recommend it.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to have to check into it. Farely decent priced. Alot cheaper than what I thought.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a buddy get his done about 16-17 years ago. they did one eye, covered it with a patch for 2 weeks. then did the other eye a month after that! now, it's like 10-15 mins with lasik, in and out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had it done in jan.no pain whatsoever.if it wasent for the plastic sheilds they put on (clear but not clear enough) i probabally could have drivin home.it sure makes sledding alot more fun now that i can see.the glasses always fogged up.4 grand to get it done tho..would i do it again...in a heart beat.got 20/25--20/15..not too bad.couldnt see anything before without my glasses..to bad it is not covered under any insurance..maybe someday.

Top Bottom