clear spray on paint protection

evan3000

Reaction score
Im going to pick up a new vehicle from the dealer and they are pitching all the usual crap, (undercoating, wheel protection and so on) i say no until they mentioned a spray on 3m type of protection coating ( but they said its not 3m, some other brand i never heard of)

I usually get the 3m film applied but this sounds similar and the price seemed ok, $1K for a full size suv ( but i m sure i can grind them further on it)

I like the thought of a spray on film that will actually go around the leading edge of the hood and fenders that still get chipped with the 3m film.

Anybody have any experience with this spray on protection coating ?

Thanks!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. Sounds interesting, I would like to see the brochure or other info on it. How would it handle a pressure washer or a drive through car wash might concern me. How easily it could be removed or touch ups done in the future as well would be a question.

Ideally I would have had my entire truck wrapped with 3M/Suntek when new. These new Ram's have horrible paint. My GM was much more durable. I know it won't stop full head on rock chips but it stops the normal wear and tear of people brushing up against it or branches. I should have just done it as compared to what I did have covered it wouldn't have been too much more to do the entire truck. I was only $800 away from having the 4 doors and box sides done. Had the shop I dealt with had more of a sales pitch towards it I would have. Would have been in the $2000 range to do the entire front, roof line, a pillars, 4 doors, box sides and tailgate. Maybe on the next one.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of it either, but you have my attention now.

on a side note...
I always get mad when I see trucks rolling down the road with undercoating falling off in chunks from under the wheel wells because of poor prep. $350 from dealership = lot kid + 2 cans of canadian tire undercoating and not even a scotch-brite pad in sight.

bad-undercoating.jpg

Top Bottom