St Albert Tint and the Mega Dually

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First, a bit of backstory. On my last truck I had 3m and a bit of tint done locally. I wasn't overlly impressed with the materials or workmanship (or cost for that matter). Then I noticed St Albert Tint mentioned on here more than a few times, and always with positive reviews. So when I picked up the new dually, and my wife wanted to camp in St Albert, I knew what needed to be done. I got in contact with Tom, who gave me plenty of options and patiently explained everything I was wondering about. We decdied to go fairly extensive with the Suntek paint protection film coverage. Front bumper, lights, grille, first 12" of hood, windshield pillars, first ~8" of roof in between cab lights, rocker panels, dually tubs, and tailgate. Very impressive, as was to be expected from all the other reviews I had read. Dually tubs go from just behind the mid point on tire, right up to the front of the box. All one piece! Tailgate, also flawless.

Whitecourt-20150819-00840_zpspgtkgxeh.jpg

Whitecourt-20150819-00841_zpsiexjzsep.jpg

The difference truly is in the details. All pieces are painstakingly installed, rolling over the edges instead of cutting it off just short. They are not taking shortcuts.

We also did some window tint. 35% on the fronts, and dropped the rears down to about 5%. Fit looks great, no gaps in coverage or bubbles anywhere.

Whitecourt-20150817-00838_zpsiwk043y1.jpg

We also were lucky, and the weather cooperated enough that Tom and Yasna were able to swing by our campsite at the St Albert Kinsmen RV park, and apply Suntek paint protection to the front of our 5th wheel. This was a large area to cover, I believe we ended up being approximately 8 feet by 9 feet. Had to do it in two pieces due to the size of the film rolls. Still very impressive, with all the different lines and angles going on, (and doing this outside in a campground with every other resident stopping by to see what you are doing) no bubbles, or entombed bumblebees.

Whitecourt-20150804-00819_zpscuoptzxt.jpg

Very impressed to say the least. My wife is starting to think about a new car, and it's first stop after the dealership will be to see Tom and Yasna.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note, I ran into a little problem when installing my AMP steps on the new truck. The dually has rear active air assist, so there is an air compressor and air tank in the way of the passenger side step mounts. There is a relocation kit available, but I had not had any luck locating one with multiple phone calls to accessory shops in 5 different provinces. I mentioned this to Tom, and he did some digging for me. Turns out he was able to round one up, and it should be delivered to my door tomorrow! My wife is going to be so happy to have her step back!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boyd aka Lenny. Well I read this post to my wife as she was working and a couple tears ran down her cheek. Your post meant so much not only to her but to me as well. We both thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and making us smile today. Boyd was a pleasure meeting you and we thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Not that I'm picky or anything but you forgot the door handles, door pockets, the door sills and all the flares were also completed. Your bracket just left my shop. Any problems with this bracket let me know please. Once again thank you for such a kind post and enjoy the remainder of your summer.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I did forget to mention the flares, door handles, buckets and sills. I can't believe how much film we used, it's probably on back order now! I could go on and on about how great my experience was. It's just so refreshing to deal with people that are trying to do an exceptional job, listen to you and make you happy to earn your future business, instead of just get as many units through the door as possible. All the small details add up to one amazing place.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have been searching for the air tank and compressor relocation kit to accommodate the passenger power step for at least two weeks. Called multiple places in Edmonton, Vancouver, Regina, Toronto, and looked all over online. No luck anywhere. Tom finds one in a couple days and has it sitting on my doorstep!

Whitecourt-20150820-00842_zps5q8zstlq.jpg

One set of brackets to move the air tank, and one for the compressor. In the stock location they block access to the step mounts.
Whitecourt-20150820-00843_zpsmg64yjnn.jpg

Tank and compressor moved to the new location, and steps installed!

Whitecourt-20150820-00845_zpsjlbqp6jv.jpg

Happy wife, happy life!

Whitecourt-20150820-00844_zpsem5hna74.jpg

I was kind of surprised that the steps didn't hit the air tank when they stow. But fit is perfect!

Thanks again Tom, for finding these brackets when I couldn't. And fast too!

Top Bottom