Clear Fuel Tanks

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some sleds come with clear tanks.....I wish the tank on my RT was clear.

yea, i knew that...but some people actually change out the fuel tanks...which is possible on yours...see the autotrader, there is one in there..but other than seeing fuel level i dont see any benefits.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the clear ones weigh less plus if you ride a rev, being able to see how much gas is in the tank is handy 'cause the gauge aint worth a pinch 'o coon $h1t.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the clear ones weigh less plus if you ride a rev, being able to see how much gas is in the tank is handy 'cause the gauge aint worth a pinch 'o coon $h1t.
What he said...I had a 03 Cat and when it said empty I still had about a 1/4 of a tank. The cats came with a leather cover so I took it off. You can also see if there is crap in your tank with the clear one.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some sleds come with clear tanks.....I wish the tank on my RT was clear.

I had a clear tank on my climber when it was first built. DOWNFALL after the first season it turned a yellowish color and looked like sh_t. It was an s chassis. Truthefuly the lightest tank I found was off the 98mxzx snocross sled and it was BLACK:nono:

Reaction score
I think a clear tank it suppose to look more sporty. The 1M's have clear tanks and I took the cover off mine and it looked better. Mine did turn yellowish but the past summer I had to remove my tank to redo my seat (needed to make sure it was fitted properly), so I took the tank out in the back yard with some Spray-9, a good scrub brush and the hose and scrubbed it with the Spray-9. It looks almost as good as new now. :cool:

I should have taken some pics before cleaning but never thought about it at the time

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a clear tank it suppose to look more sporty. The 1M's have clear tanks and I took the cover off mine and it looked better. Mine did turn yellowish but the past summer I had to remove my tank to redo my seat (needed to make sure it was fitted properly), so I took the tank out in the back yard with some Spray-9, a good scrub brush and the hose and scrubbed it with the Spray-9. It looks almost as good as new now. :cool:

I should have taken some pics before cleaning but never thought about it at the time

How are those tapered holes on the running boards?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As long as you store the sled indoors or at least covered, the UV from the sun will destroy that unprotected tank in a couple of years.

Reaction score
How are those tapered holes on the running boards?

I still get occasional snow and ice buildup towards the front, but I find it good for the grip. The coolers don't run close to the running boards so there is no help to melt snow through those holes. The coolers are inside the tunnel, over the track.

Makes it harder to polish the tunnel though! Rips up my Mothers Polishing Ball.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still get occasional snow and ice buildup towards the front, but I find it good for the grip. The coolers don't run close to the running boards so there is no help to melt snow through those holes. The coolers are inside the tunnel, over the track.

Makes it harder to polish the tunnel though! Rips up my Mothers Polishing Ball.

Oh, cool....i was wondering because i have snow eliminators on order (shhould be in this week) and my uncle machined a tool on a lathe to make the holes like that behind the snow eliminators. The holes are going to be over an inch big though, so I'm anticipating no snow at all on the boards. My coolers are in the back of the tunnel, so I have no way of melting the snow.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyone gotta pic of a new clear tank cuz to me that still looks pretty frickin yellow:nono:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the advantage is only to see your fuel level
on the REVs you can peel the black off of the tank, thats what I did on my 07 summit but i just ride hard until she stalls out and then its time to use the caddy and head home becuase the caddy wont get ya too far

Top Bottom