Classic car storage

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody keep their classic car/ truck in a sea can? Trying to free up some room. I'm just worried about condensation and rust. What are your thoughts?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope BAD IDEA we discovered a few stolen cars inside a shipping container. They were ruined.

The damp atmosphere inside had accelerated the rusting process and the interiors were full of mould.

They're fine for moving cars about when properly sealed up but in our climate you'd be better off leaving the car outside.

Last edited:

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is it bad to store sleds in a sea can for the summer? I've got two sleds in one right now but we do open it probably once a week or more on average.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own 6 one timer sea-cans. All have 4 vents on each side. No issues with condensation. the older cans had inadequate venting and condensation was an issue.
I was thinking of buying a 20 ft and putting one of those spinning vents on top to keep temps equal to ambient temp. I know my quonset sweats when temps rise so I'm not putting it in there

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Under weather changes I get a few moisture drops inside but the sxs sits in there all winter and I even store our road salt/ traffic patch (bags) and other items and it stays dry...four corner vents and I'm in and out all the time so it gets air flow.
picking up another c can for more storage, works ok for what I need.
A high end hot rod...mmm probably not a good idea as moisture would more then likely be absorbed by the car and rust over time.
my two $

Last edited:
Top Bottom