circumcise your snow flap yet ?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine keeps getting stuck under the track .. even if I flop it upward

Let's see a pic if you've cut yours, if so, what did you use to cut it ? I'm thinking heat gun and knife...

Gonna cut mine tomorrow, probable at the first "line/bend"

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

With a b
rand new utility knife.

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 623

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've cut it on the last machines and used a sharp box cutter. Easy-peasy……...

Saying that………I have noticed that the 2 of ours are heating up coming down the trail at the end of the day. Not enough snow to get safely off the trail to burp the throttle hence, not a lot of cooling. I can work the throttle well enough and my ramp angle is shallow enough that I can come right off the truck no problem. My wife on the other hand, eats the flap everytime………I won't be cutting ours for a little while….just saying:D

By heating up, I mean the light has actually come on……..

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there supposed to be some feature built into the Xm flap that allows it to be folded away? I'm sure Maxwell promised me that.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can be popped up but it's not enough. I'm gonna cut mine at the first seem

jdaniel

Reaction score
Dan never cut his on his 11 and he uses a bungee to hold the flap up when coming off the ramp

QUeOTE=ferniesnow;1578364]I've cut it on the last machines and used a sharp box cutter. Easy-peasy……...

Saying that………I have noticed that the 2 of ours are heating up coming down the trail at the end of the day. Not enough snow to get safely off the trail to burp the throttle hence, not a lot of cooling. I can work the throttle well enough and my ramp angle is shallow enough that I can come right off the truck no problem. My wife on the other hand, eats the flap everytime………I won't be cutting ours for a little while….just saying:D

By heating up, I mean the light has actually come on……..[/QUOTE]

YFZ 450

Reaction score
what does brett rasmussen do?

thats what i would do.

Ride a stock sled......hahahaha not a chance.... I think he will be leaving it un-touched... BRP wouldn't aprove him cutting or modifing anything. Just my 2 cents worth.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've cut it on the last machines and used a sharp box cutter. Easy-peasy……...

By heating up, I mean the light has actually come on……..

where did you cut yours ?
I had the flap on my rev cut to pretty much nothing and it was bent way up(due to having a 156 track on a 151 tunnel) and it never had cooling issues

I was thinking about snipping it along here first and then maybe do what skinnybitch did

Capture.JPG

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you cut yours ?
I had the flap on my rev cut to pretty much nothing and it was bent way up(due to having a 156 track on a 151 tunnel) and it never had cooling issues

I was thinking about snipping it along here first and then maybe do what skinnybitch did

View attachment 142176

I maybe quite old! But can you explain what it is your trying to gain??????In the time you spent cutting that off you could've done something useful like drink a beer?:beerchug::dunno:

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peeps need to understand that the ETEC engine runs alot warmer than the old PTEK's did. If you are cutting your flaps you may need to run scratchers to get up the trail without overheating concerns.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Peeps need to understand that the ETEC engine runs alot warmer than the old PTEK's did. If you are cutting your flaps you may need to run scratchers to get up the trail without overheating concerns.

Doo's don't come factory with scratchers :confused:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its no big deal. Polaris didn't have them either until recently did they?

I think they started in 09??? My sled had them on, put still had to buy a tether. Which makes NO SENSE!!!! ALL sleds should come factory with at least a tether!!!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I maybe quite old! But can you explain what it is your trying to gain??????In the time you spent cutting that off you could've done something useful like drink a beer?:beerchug::dunno:

If its like my m8 was the stupid flap gets caught in the track riding through the whoops and doesnt allow the snow to get where it needs to be thus overheating the machine, also makes an annoying sound like a baseball card stuck in your spokes

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they started in 09??? My sled had them on, put still had to buy a tether. Which makes NO SENSE!!!! ALL sleds should come factory with at least a tether!!!

Ya doesn't make sense. We have had tethers for as long as I can remember. Mid 70's for sure.

Top Bottom