Chute Climbs?

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
eb6c18204d9ec39be4ec1c3c569a8e58.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into a young good rider from sask last weekend (Darby).. fog was to thick to climb Swanson and the ninty that day, but showed me some videos of them the day before where he went up it in a stock summit tdoo 850.. even had the stock skid

Definitely rode it with the skis in the air, and not much fresh but did the pulls.. would of never thought it could of done it.. pretty cool
There have been people climb Monster with stock sleds. Conditions have to be perfect and good rider. Did not Lilduke do this on his Freeride a couple years ago?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been people climb Monster with stock sleds. Conditions have to be perfect and good rider. Did not Lilduke do this on his Freeride a couple years ago?
I thought it was his 163 T3 after the gear down.

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trash panda we build from left over parts. It works very well which is kinda odd
2011 pro rmk 155
2014 bottom end 2011 cyl
1- mtntk piston
1- random piston which now has oil holes to match the other pistons weight
163 ezryde skid from a cat
174 camo x 2.5
2011/12 shocks
2013+ 36 inch a arms
Boost it ho turbo kit
Redlines x2 fuel box.

The ezryde skid was interesting. for a proper length track I think the mounting point was 5 inches back. with the longer track the front mount Is closer to 10 inches back. The track angle is almost zero.

We built it for under 4000 that included buying the blown boost it pro.

Trash panda would do 65 mph up anything. Buddy did some clutching and is closer to 75 now. Should be a interesting weekend.

Max power well the last 2 years I’ve been running him at 12-15 pounds boost.

In this photo we had proper a arms for the shock length but it’s was to nose heavy. Tossed the a arms that needed shorter shocks with the longer shocks on and it’s just perfect. We also build some different drop brackets once we figured out the sled Actually worked.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210325/1fa5f1e78c8c8a7a1fbff0d262fd5237.jpg

Absolute respect for this build. Looks like you gotta hold on or get bucked off hahah

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We climb airports and bullpens in May on stock NA sleds. Want to add a few of the turtle chutes this year.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no better sound on the mountain than a pissed off turbo Apex motor. period!

My boosted Apex is the only sled I ever owned that I wish I still owned.
It was the best sounding easiest to ride sled I ever owned.
Sucked when you got stuck but was a hard sled to get stuck.
I did hate riding it on late season snow but loved when the snow was deep.
Oh yeah...hey Kale,long time!
Cheers

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boosted Apex is the only sled I ever owned that I wish I still owned.
It was the best sounding easiest to ride sled I ever owned.
Sucked when you got stuck but was a hard sled to get stuck.
I did hate riding it on late season snow but loved when the snow was deep.
Oh yeah...hey Kale,long time!
Cheers

Power is KING in the mountain's and the Apex is at the top. Easy riding sled's like today's current trend is for old fauck's and people that are challenged in riding skill's. Very boring.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power is KING in the mountain's and the Apex is at the top. Easy riding sled's like today's current trend is for old fauck's and people that are challenged in riding skill's. Very boring.
So you are saying anyone that doesn't ride a boosted 4 stroke is not a skilled rider? Thats a pretty brash statement. I'm sure Chris Burandt, Carl Kuster, Keith Curtis and that Caleb guy would love for you to show them some cool tricks on your Yammy. Lmao

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but let them try and ride a four stroke up those chutes not a highly modfed 400 lb machine.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I Remember over a decade back going out with a group of guys, one guy had a brand new apex done up with all the bells and whistles.. we had 154s i think

He was a novice rider, with oilfield cash and by the end of the four day weekend he was not having fun, rented a sled last day and left at motel

Got a chance to ride it and still Remember the track speed feeling, all good till you left off the throttle, it went where it wanted to go .. had a hill in back side of keystone that you could get a good run at.. felt like 100mph track speed going up that thing, absolute animal

Not sure on its weight but with nitros with 630lbs felt light in comparison

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neighbour has an apex in his garage he wants to sell if anyone is looking. Bone stock low kms. Hasn't been started in about six or eight years.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Remember over a decade back going out with a group of guys, one guy had a brand new apex done up with all the bells and whistles.. we had 154s i think

He was a novice rider, with oilfield cash and by the end of the four day weekend he was not having fun, rented a sled last day and left at motel

Got a chance to ride it and still Remember the track speed feeling, all good till you left off the throttle, it went where it wanted to go .. had a hill in back side of keystone that you could get a good run at.. felt like 100mph track speed going up that thing, absolute animal

Not sure on its weight but with nitros with 630lbs felt light in comparison

Ya the Apex was a BEAST, i wouldn't want one not even try one. But man the power these things made was unreal, thus why the days of the Nypex and Vipex.
Your right there is a balance of being too heavy vs power.
Some just take my post too seriously...LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but let them try and ride a four stroke up those chutes not a highly modfed 400 lb machine.
Go on Youtube and look for snowmobile golf game. The Boost It team on their 2 stroke turbo's won that yearly event more than lost. Just saying. Some of Randy's big climbs will never be touched by a 2 stroke but most of the chutes in Revy have been slayed by a 2 stroke and some not by 4 strokes.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dragonalain... wheres those vids? I want to see trash panda slayin!

chute climbing isn't for everyone, you either enjoy it or not. Its a different kind of riding though and everyone is a little different, I don't think its any harder or easier than any other style of riding, if its what you enjoy to do you'll do it more often and become better at it. I haven't seen anyone that dangles through the tight timber than climbs a chute to get lined up on a cliff drop then hits a 60' kicker...yet.

Which chutes in Revy have been climbed by a two stroke and not a four stroke? Neil and TJ where hard to keep up with on there smokers for sure.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

chute climbing isn't for everyone, you either enjoy it or not. Its a different kind of riding though and everyone is a little different, I don't think its any harder or easier than any other style of riding, if its what you enjoy to do you'll do it more often and become better at it. I haven't seen anyone that dangles through the tight timber than climbs a chute to get lined up on a cliff drop then hits a 60' kicker...yet.

Which chutes in Revy have been climbed by a two stroke and not a four stroke? Neil and TJ where hard to keep up with on there smokers for sure.

the spine done by frenchy is only one I can think of. Chute climbing is deff addicting for me anyways. I don’t think I’ve ever seen track speed on a 2 stroke the same as a 4 stroke. But I’ve also seen 2 strokes just climb steady thinking he’s not going to make it but just keeps chugging along over the top.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I popped my l5 out on my first attempt on the Monster. It’s still not back in.... need my chiropractor bad. We are still out here shredding the pow tho. Might have a drug problem when I get home tho. A few dilly’s a day makes the pain go away. The snow was so so deep in the chutes maybe of them would not have been possible with the machines we have. The 3rd one in the airport we had a good runway about 1/2 way up. I hit the fresh snow probably at 60 mph land speed and only pushed up another 100 ft.
We went to keystone yesterday she was headlight deep blasted across the shovel out with out shovelling.
706a752d2f853715d4151ee1f073d7ee.jpg

936b432d0eaf4bfb860bc1f89ed7621b.jpg

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow conditions make a huge difference when it comes to climbing chutes. Not too many, if any stockers climbing out the top in early to mid season handlebar deep snow.

Top Bottom